Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

October 29, 2020 12:13 AM Forum: Politics

It's Befitting He's Swearing In Amy...

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Wrong
I feel more vindicated now by reading Davis' retort that I'm wrong on originalism and provides more evidence that I'm right."Pulitzer Prize winning historian Joseph Ellis, a scholar of the founding of the nation and biographer of several of the Founders, offered a non-lawyer’s perspective. “I have direct access to the Founders,” he announced to a sea of chuckles, “and they aren’t originalists.” He reported the Founders’ view of the Constitution as a framework, not an eternal truth. It was intended to change over time. He cited Jefferson’s observation, “We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/judicial/publications/appellate_issues/2020/winter/are-we-all-originalists-now/

October 29, 2020 12:15 AM Forum: Politics

According to the Left and Joe Biden, Donald Trump hasn't done 1 thing about Covid.

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Umm..... that is the very definition of "giving up".  
We always knew you were hopeless...

October 29, 2020 12:26 AM Forum: Politics

A President Rejected by His Own

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Former Defense Sec'y Robert Gates on Joe Biden.

Asked if Joe Biden would make a good President, Gates responded:

"I don't know.  Joe Biden has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."
So he doesn't know and he's entitled to his opinion and he's not lumped into a pool of they're all disgruntled ex-employees...

October 29, 2020 03:14 AM Forum: Politics

Frozen Nebraska Trumptoids...

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"State Sen. Megan Hunt, a Democrat, tweeted that "supporters of the President were brought in, but buses weren’t able to get back to transport people out."
"It’s freezing and snowy in Omaha tonight," Hunt said. "What people will do for this con man, what people have sacrificed, is so sad to me. He truly does not care about you." "
Thirty people were "contacted for medical reasons" and seven were transported to the hospital from the event, a spokesperson for the Omaha Police Department told BuzzFeed News. Roughly 25,000 people in total had been in attendance.

According to Omaha Scanner, a Twitter account that monitors local emergency scanners in the area, a number of people had to be treated for hypothermia and other conditions as a result of the cold. One older adult was reported to be "frozen cold unable to move with an altered mental status."

Police said many attendees walked about 3 miles back to the parking lot, and that officers personally transported some older attendees who were having difficulty in the cold and chaos back to their cars.

"The last person was loaded into a bus from the rally site at about 11:50 p.m.," the police spokesperson said.

The weather hovered around freezing with a strong wind chill, records from the National Weather Service show, making temperatures feel frigid.

"Is there any place you would rather be than a Trump rally on about a 10-degree evening? It's cold out here, but that's OK," Trump said, mentioning that he had just been in Wisconsin and Michigan, where it had also been cold. "I said I won't put on a hat, because I'm gonna show you how tough we are."

State Sen. Megan Hunt, a Democrat, tweeted that "supporters of the President were brought in, but buses weren’t able to get back to transport people out."

"It’s freezing and snowy in Omaha tonight," Hunt said. "What people will do for this con man, what people have sacrificed, is so sad to me. He truly does not care about you."

Earlier that evening, the police department tweeted that the parking lot was full and that attendees who traveled on foot or by cab would not be allowed in.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Trump campaign said they had hired "plenty of buses but [were] having trouble getting them to people still waiting because traffic flow on the small, two-lane airport access road is limited to one direction."

But a police officer on the scene that night said they needed "at least 30 more buses," according to a CNN reporter who was present.

Coronavirus rates are creeping up in Nebraska, and though the Trump campaign reportedly distributed masks at the rally, many people did not wear them.

The crowd numbered in the thousands, with a reporter estimating it at 6,000 people, police saying it was over 10,000, and the Trump campaign saying there were 29,000 people there.

In his speech, Trump downplayed the severity of the pandemic, which has killed more than 227,000 Americans, including 14 Nebraskans who died the day of his rally alone.

"You notice the fake news now, right?" Trump said. "All they talk about is COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID. And we've made such progress it's incredible."

In a statement, Samantha Zager, Trump's deputy national press secretary, said they "always strive to provide the best guest experience at our events and we care about their safety.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/trump-supporters-cold-omaha-rally

October 29, 2020 03:31 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Trump’s shit show on tour. Coming to a remote airport near you. Sign a waiver on Covid and dress accordingly.  

Meanwhile the stock market is tanking. Again. Funny how Trump doesn’t take credit when it goes down.
Trump takes no responsibility; only credit.
I can't believe the clown is letting the stimulus deal go down the drain. He'd take credit for it as the market would go ballistic and people would get the help they need. He evidently thinks in some demented manner that he can win without it...

October 29, 2020 05:19 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

And it has.  Bigly.  

Jim
Not for people like Amy or Clarence...

October 29, 2020 05:52 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Have you heard the latest from Tucker Carlson on the Hunter Biden dirt the right-wing is trying to cook up? Supposedly Tucker was to receive some extremely damning documents from an anonymous source. A private carrier sent them from New York to Los Angeles. Well, last night, he announced on air that they had been stolen while en route. That's right; the dog ate his homework. LOL! It's incredulous to make claims like this with absolutely zero evidence, but I'm sure the faithful watch these hucksters and believe them.
Glad you posted about it and I didn't hear about it although millions of Tucker suckers likely did and believe it. When Faux gets sued over one of these bozos as it has on occasion, their lawyers argue in court that their programs are entertainment and not news and prevail on the latter. Faux and Hannity might not get out of the latest suit:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fox-news-seth-rick-sean-hannity-lou-dobbs-deposition-conspiracy-dnc-b447616.html
Faux has got an experienced legal team though, given all the BS they have to clean-up on behalf of their client. 

October 29, 2020 06:02 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Rod:  

You are of course missing a huge point.  Two of them in fact.  Point 1 - It is impossible to predict what sort of Justice ACB will turn out to be.  Point 2 - If anything, ACB is a student of Scalia's.  Scalia and Thomas approach(ed) the Constitution in very different ways, even though both are generally grouped as conservatives or originalists.  Thomas does have some odd views, even in my opinion.  But lumping ACB and Thomas together is without merit, at least not yet.

I have not read this article, so I don't know if it is any good or not.  It purports to explore the critical differences between Thomas and Scalia's jurisprudence, differences that are well known among conservatives and legal scholars but ignored by the press:

https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/two-kinds-of-originalism

Jim
Hi Jim,
I hope and pray nobody else on the bench will be as odd or as wrong as Clarence and your cited article does give me a measure of reassurance so thanks for posting it. I remain skeptical of Barrett based upon her minority opinion regarding restoration of the right to bear arms for convicted felons. 
I'm a bit surprised by squiggy correcting his latest mistake so miracles are possible:
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/523357-kavanaugh-corrects-opinion-following-vermont-officials-objection

October 29, 2020 08:18 PM Forum: Politics

Every American who cares about our Future should watch this

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Gambling on the future:
CP Average 10/28 63.8 35.6
Betfair October 28th 66 35
RealClearPoliticsRCP BETTING AVERAGE
Betting Odds: Trump vs. Biden
63.8Biden (D)
35.6Trump (R)

October 29, 2020 08:41 PM Forum: Politics

Colorado Voter Intimidation

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"Colorado’s attorney general on Wednesday warned a trailer park landlord to not tie raising tenants' rent to the election of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden."
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/523247-colorados-attorney-general-warned-trailer-park-landlord-not-to-tie?utm_source=thehill&utm_medium=widgets&utm_campaign=es_recommended_content
Definitely something a Trumptoid would do...