Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

January 14, 2022 08:39 AM Forum: Politics

Jan 6th Perps Charged With Sedition!

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
Are you home alone? Maybe somebody could help you with it.
I think you're the one who needs the help...

January 14, 2022 10:09 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Reading is fundamental.  Do you remember the line in that commercial?  Obviously you didn't take it to heart  wink
Obviously cons think alike except today at the Supreme court...

January 14, 2022 12:17 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Well I watched Youtube, and as I thought would happen, Tucker had a complete segment on it, which means that so far you're batting 0 for 1 in your prognosticarion and your implication that he would dodge it.  

In fact, he had the guy on who is being charged with Sedition and he says the entire thing is complete horseshit.  

He even said that the FBI claimed he was INSIDE the Capitol bldg, when he said that he was never inside and that they were lying.  

He said he was a Navy vet, and that pretty much everything they were claiming about him was untrue. 

Tucker asked him about some plot to bring big guns across the Potomic in a boat, and he said that was utter fabrication by the FBI and that he had ZERO knowledge or planning of anything remotely like that.  

He also said that they came to his farm and arrested him at gunpoint, and threw him in Solitary Lockdown for 2 months.  

According to this guy, the FBI claimed he was the ringleader of some sort of conspiracy to overthrow the gov't and he said that was essentially just made up out of whole cloth by the Feds.  

He sure sounded pretty credible tonight in his denials of everything.  

I guess we'll see what happens next but I'll check Hannity later to see if he covers the story, which no doubt he will.

I think you're confusing Fox News with the other Fake News stations which you view regularly, and are used to them covering up stories and ignoring the ones that are detrimental to the Democrat party.  

You need to understand, Fox doesn't do that.  They let MSNBC and CNN lie to their viewers.  wink
Lol! Tucker Carlson, whom a judge had this to say: "Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "
"She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye
Obviously, any reasonable viewer doesn't include Rich. And I'm sure some con would find this guy credible, too:
https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/cop-allegedly-caught-lying-about-being-at-us-capitol-riot/
Or this guy:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/dea-agent-arrested-accused-of-lying-about-role-in-jan-6-capitol-riot/2021/07/20/ae5b8960-e976-11eb-8950-
d73b3e93ff7f_story.html
Or this guy:
https://theintercept.com/2022/01/03/capitol-riot-january-6-proud-boys-fbi/

January 15, 2022 01:05 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

I still have not read the articles, but being charged with conspiracy to commit sedition and sedition are different things.  The burden of proof will be different.  Think in terms of conspiracy to commit murder and murder.  In one case you got a body, in the other you don't.

If I remember correctly a conspiracy charge requires at least one overt act, beyond talk.  Something like moving the weapons into place or maybe obtaining vehicles and the like.  As I mentioned to Jim,  This will be interesting from a legal and political perspective.  I'll go read the stories now.

Jim
Hi Jim,
I'm not finding that distinction here:
https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-charges/sedition.html
Or here: "sedition remains a crime in the United States under 18 U.S.C.A. § 2384 (2000), a federal statute that punishes seditious conspiracy, and 18 U.S.C.A. § 2385 (2000), which outlaws advocating the overthrow of the federal government by force."
https://law.jrank.org/pages/10113/Sedition.html

January 14, 2022 06:35 AM Forum: Politics

Supreme Court dumps Biden's UnConstitutional Vaccine Mandate.

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"The Supreme Court did, however, rule Thursday that the administration can enforce a vaccine mandate for health care workers, according to The Associated Press. This mandate will effect around 20 million workers, according to NBC News."
It's interesting how the cons on the court selectively apply the law for some workers and not others. If OSHA doesn't, in their view, have the authority to mandate the safeguards in question, then OSHA doesn't have that authority. But, it somehow has that authority to mandate those same safeguards for 20 million other workers...

January 14, 2022 07:17 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Interestingly enough, the supreme being who came up with the idea of selectively allowing OSHA to enforce its vaccination/testing mandate on 20 million workers was none other than Amy Covid Barrett. Even more interesting is the fact that she ruled against that idea while the rest of her fellow cons ruled for it!

January 15, 2022 01:23 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Hi Jim,

I've been kinda' tuning into Ben Shapiro more recently on the radio, and I think his legal group was one who was involved in submitting an Amicus brief on the case.  He was speaking about it and his prediction was on the mark as to what the justices would do.

When I heard about it yesterday, I read the majority opinion, then switched to reading the minority opinion given by Breyer and signed onto by Kagan and Sotomayor.

It just struck me that with their dissent, once again the Constitution was pretty much not even referenced.  The dissent given didn't cite Precedent or case law, just raw opinion, and the idea of the administrative state, having as much power as they simply take without authority is really bothersome. 

This trend seems to me to be overtaking the liberal wing of the court, which is troubling to say the least, and why I mentioned it.  Now I could be all wet and I'm reading more into it than I should, but Sotomayor seems to me to be a big offender in that realm.  

Some of her writings I've read are strictly based in emotion IMO, and not at all based upon what the Constitution says, what case law is involved, and without precedent.

I sure hope this trend on the left doesn't continue, but we're now such a divided country, it is worse than ever.

I liked it much more when Renquist was the Chief Justice.  

These days I'm becoming even more like Rand Paul and he's had some pretty good go rounds with a lot of bureaucrats up on Capitol Hill.  

My libertarian streak is getting stronger and stronger, probably because I'm more aware that there are fewer and fewer politicians looking out for any of us Americans. 

Its all about power, and its occurring on both sides of the aisle.

Have a happy and prosperous day.  

P.S.  If you haven't read it and you get a chance, pick up Mike Lee's book "Our Lost Constitution".  He's a pretty good writer and it is very informative.  If you want my copy, PM me and I'll send it to you.  smile
" The dissent given didn't cite Precedent or case law, just raw opinion, and the idea of the administrative state, having as much power as they simply take without authority is really bothersome."
Likely what'll will see when the supreme beings rule on abortion except change that word to "majority"...

January 15, 2022 02:37 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Really?  Cite me an opinion given by Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, etc... that wasn't based on the Constitution, precedent, and other case law.

I'll wait for your learned recitation.

Is 100 years long enough for you to find one and specify it?  wink
Obviously that one I'm referring to is Roe Vs Wade...

January 15, 2022 03:21 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

When did Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch write the dissenting opinion for Roe vs. Wade?  I guess I missed it.

I thought you couldn't possibly top the ignorance of your previous posting but you just proved me wrong.  

It appears you're completely and utterly confused, and at this point most likely off your rocker?

Let me add another metaphor to describe your mindset, which is that it appears the cheese just slid off your cracker, or should I just say that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Would you prefer this description of your mindset above?  Somewhere there’s a village missing its idiot.

grin
What they will do is over turn the precedent by their concerted actions to do so. You have to be willfully ignorant to think otherwise. What heck do you think the upcoming decision is all about?
Oh, and for more precedents cited that the cons will likely ignore:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/09/lawyers-defending-abortion-rights-at-the-supreme-court-are-stoking-the-egos-of-three-justices.html
This isn't a conservative court. It is a partisan court.

January 15, 2022 03:56 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Coming back to the mandate, an interesting take by a law professor:
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/589763-the-supreme-court-vaccination-and-government-by-fox-news