My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

January 23, 2022 06:28 PM Forum: Politics

Petition To Preserve Dark Skies

Posted By Rod Kaufman

I'm hoping we can all come together on this issue. I'm the chairperson of a committee of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society that, after many months of work, has created a petition that we will eventually present to the Los Angeles County board of supervisors in an effort to enhance and enforce an existing light pollution control ordinance that has been in existence since 2012. Additionally, I'm presently engaged with discussions of several national organizations with local chapters in an effort to bring the support of their membership for our petition. Los Angeles county is the largest county in the USA, so what we do here could potentially serve as a model for other counties throughout the country. Here's the link, please review and hopefully sign on by a click of your mouse or a tap of your fingertip:
https://www.change.org/p/preserve-dark-skies?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=df53d390-4198-11ec-a05a-1962a48e652a

January 24, 2022 05:16 PM Forum: Politics

Petition To Preserve Dark Skies

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown
Hi Rod,  good cause and I signed, but with some hesitation.  I used an old email address.  I get so much spam I worry about this sort of on-line vehicle.  In any case, Keep fighting for this worthy cause.  Jim 
Hi Jim,Thanks for your support in signing the petition. I think got one or two emails from change.org after signing it but that's been about it from them. So, nothing to worry about as far as I've seen after signing it on day one when the petition was initiated.

January 25, 2022 04:22 PM Forum: Politics

Whatever you do, don't question Biden

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
https://hannity.com/media-room/mean-old-man-watch-biden-caught-on-mic-calling-fox-news-peter-doocy-a-stupid-son-of-a-b/?fbclid=IwAR04Owp07cP64rG0xhDcQIp1HOBbDIAUFH35m0jDiEUK34aodOFeqHhIOqU
'
Well at least we'll be hearing about this incident for next 6 months, front page like we did with Jim Acosta.... OH wait, it's the Democrats' Pres.  He gets a pass.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/biden-peter-doocy-fox-news/index.html

January 25, 2022 07:52 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Oh, boo hoo hoo. The way your guy proudly treated the press with utter contempt over the previous four years and Biden calls one guy a dumb SOB. I agree with that assessment BTW, but at least Biden personally called him an hour later to apologize. Trump never did that, but I'm sure you guys both would think that'd be a sign of weakness.  
Meanwhile the former secretary of state under Trump, Mike Pompeo praises Putin:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/01/24/pompeo-putin-russia-nr-vpx.cnn

January 25, 2022 11:48 PM Forum: Politics

Now they're attacking Bill Maher, Hilarious

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Whoopie Goldberg says to him in her usual anger "How dare you make your flippant remarks man"!!

Then the rest of the View Piled on. 

Its funny how liberals will only take it so long, then they've had enough.  

Maher:  "I don't want to live in your paranoid world anymore. Your masked, paranoid world," he told his audience. "You know you go out, it's silly now. You know, you have to have your mask, you have to have a card, you have to have a booster."

Maher added, "They scan your head like you're a cashier and I'm a bunch of bananas. I'm not bananas — you are."

OOH Bill Maher has had enough.  

I'll make a wild guess and say that the resident Freakshow lib who refers to me and others as Trumptoids, is gonna' be twisting his hair out on this one.  

"Who do I support, who do I agree with, Whoopie or my man Bill Maher?  I'm so confused"!!!  smile
I know in your black and white world with no shades of grey, it's either for or against or "attacking" someone but people do have a difference of opinion without compromising their political ideals. I don't particularly like Maher's stand on masks and vaccines at all since these measures will obviously help mitigate the pandemic and it serves as fodder for those who would skirt those measures for their own selfish reasons. At the end of the day though, Maher isn't going to be a MAGA cheerleader so I'd expect the criticism to simply subside with time...

January 26, 2022 12:36 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Masks are doing absolutely nothing.  As far as the vaccines go, the experts just said they do NOTHING against Omicron.

What has Joe Biden or anyone in his administration done to get a vaccine for Omicron?

Not a damned thing.  He is so inept and so useless as a leader that he'll never get a vaccine.  

Trump got 3 different vaccines in record time against virtually everyone on the left and even that fraud Fauci telling the world it couldn't be done.

He made Fauci and the rest of you eat your words.  

Yet Joe Biden has done literally ZIP to get a vaccine for the Omicron variant.  

It appears that suddenly soon the left will come around and then I guess when THEY decide masks no longer need to be worn, that's the EXACT CORRECT day that masks should go away. 

You and the rest of your arrogant leftists who know EXACTLY what needs to be done to battle Corona Virus, and EXACTLY when we need to stop wearing masks, are the reason that most of the country can't stand you.  
You're continuing to be the misinformation superspreader you've always been:
“From the perspective of knowing how COVID is transmitted, and what we know about omicron, wearing a higher-quality mask is really critical to stopping the spread of omicron,” said Dr. Megan Ranney, academic dean for the School of Public Health at Brown University.
“There’s been a lot of talk about people who have been vaccinated getting omicron,” said Chaisson. “But I’ve been working in the ICU and probably 95% of the patients that we’re taking care of right now did not take the advice to get vaccinated.”
https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/is-a-cloth-mask-effective-enough-against-the-omicron-variant/
"Current figures suggest that vaccines offer 30 to 40 percent protection against infection and around 70 percent protection against hospitalization without boosters."
"Newer data is confirming that a third dose increases antibody production and boosts effectiveness against infection to around 75 percent, and 88 percent for severe disease."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/by-the-numbers-covid-19-vaccines-and-omicron

January 26, 2022 01:43 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Well, I guess if YOU have found a Doctor who says the opposite, then the rest of  the world is "spreading misinformation".  

This IS of course how it ALWAYS in the world of the totalitarian left.

Let me remind you that your very own Dr. Fauci said very early on that masks didn't do anything and that offered the user a 'false sense of security', because the "Might block a droplet or two", but weren't what people thought they were.

There are dozens of studies out there that say that Masks do nothing.  The Blue masks that many use offer virtually no protection  They have openings at the very smallest 3 microns and the virus is 1 micron in size.  

And thanks for providing NEW numbers of percentages which of course indicate that the original numbers weren't accurate in the least.  wink

What it amounts to is that if a Doctor agrees with you and the left, then he's accurate.  If a Doctor disagrees with the information that you want to peddle, said Doctor is now a "Misinformation spreader".  

Got it.  
It's no wonder that you got covid but, at the behest of somebody else, you at least had a couple of shots of vaccine. The fact that the science and the data about the omicron variant has changed over time as we have more experience with it obviously explains the changing numbers to anyone except to those who think like you do...

January 26, 2022 02:28 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Trae has a few minutes of perspective on this issue:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxu3aeB2z2k&list=TLPQMjYwMTIwMjLYN3DfMy0SkQ&index=2

January 26, 2022 02:47 AM Forum: Politics

Nobody

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Just a working man stiff on his way home on a bus. Used to be a CIA "auditor" in his earlier days...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2un1aU7mT0

January 26, 2022 05:04 PM Forum: Politics

Intellectual Cowards like Fauci, Walensky, and Collins didn't show up

Posted By Rod Kaufman

They need to hear and see it again:   https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/01/26/fox-coronavirus-vaccines-roll-the-tape-keilar-newday-vpx.cnn