New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

June 20, 2022 05:48 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Mel Maki

So now it is Pence that saved our democracy? Our constitution prevents losing presidents from installing themselves. I said you were a blockhead because you said I have too much invested in this "big lie." That is bs so look in YOUR mirror and maybe you will be able to realize what a bunch of nonsense these Dems have you caught up in.
"Our constitution prevents losing presidents from installing themselves."
But that didn't prevent Trump from attempting a coup, now did it? Nor did it prevent Trump from pressuring Pence to refuse to certify the electoral votes, now did it? Nor did it prevent a bunch of Republican congressmen from voting to refuse certification of the election, now did it?

June 20, 2022 06:25 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

A coup? With no guns?
No laws prevent people from attempting. You and your big hype machine should go scream at the moon.
Various rioters had guns and that's already been established.  However, "A tweet, which has received thousands of engagements since it was posted on June 11, 2022, shows a clip from Tucker Carlson Tonight in which Carlson says the events of Jan. 6 did not amount to an insurrection because none of the protesters were carrying guns."  "However, not only is there substantial and clear evidence that there were protesters with guns, it's also not clear why Carlson and other commentators believe that guns are a defining character of an insurrection."
"Let's start with the gun charges:
In April, 72-year-old Lonnie Coffman of Falkville, Alabama, was sentenced to four years in prison for bringing loaded guns, ammunition and Molotov cocktail ingredients to Washington on Jan. 6."
"In March 2022, 49-year-old Texan Guy Reffitt, was convicted (among other charges) for being unlawfully present on Capitol grounds while possessing a firearm and transporting firearms during civil disorder."
"A Department of Justice indictment from January 2021 also states that Christopher Alberts, Maryland, was found carrying a Taurus G2C semi-automatic handgun on Capitol grounds on January 6."
"Off-duty Drug Enforcement Administration agent Mark Sami Ibrahim, 32, was also indicted by a grand jury for bringing a firearm within the United States Capitol and its grounds."
"In an article for Newsweek, Nick Suplina and Justin Wagner of Everytown for Gun Safety said they had identified "12 individuals allegedly tied to the events of Jan. 6 who were arrested in Washington, D.C., and charged with firearms offenses."
Then read the rest of the recent Newsweek article detailing the issue(S)
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-were-there-armed-protesters-capitol-january-6-1715326
Oh, and attempting a coup is against the law:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

June 20, 2022 06:50 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
So lets recap.....because upto 12 people were carrying guns that they DIDNT use that is why it was an insurrection.....That about cover it? LOL
So those who have already pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy and weren't among the 12 noted above should have had you explain it to them so they'd plead not guilty instead? That about cover it? Lol! Wanna watch me play dump truck ya hillbilly hick?

June 20, 2022 07:03 PM Forum: Politics

The Challenge Of Prosecuting Trump

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Nice read from an article in TheHill:
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3529814-the-challenge-of-prosecuting-trump/

June 20, 2022 09:54 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

That sounds like sexual innuendo so that would be a hard NO.....and I have something for you below.
How it sounds like that to you tells us you're even more whacked than we already know you to be...

June 21, 2022 04:00 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

I can continue to say Trump is whacked but nothing penetrates your thick skull. I  have not voted for Trump and never would. You should consider that this problem of yours will get worse as you age. Take a hike!
If that's the case, who do you continue with posts in this thread and in others that support Trump's position and actions regarding Jan 6th?

June 21, 2022 08:54 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Rod:

Mel's position makes sense to me.  He would never vote for Trump and never did vote for Trump.  Even so, he is not convinced that the union was nearly lost on Jan 6, or that Trump was the mastermind behind the insurrection.  So he posts here.  Mel's position is not unlike my own.  I think we will both wait and see if Trump is referred for prosecution.  I hope he is, but I don't think the likes of Adam Schiff can get it done.  Jim
I'm not speaking only to the attempted insurrection of Jan 6 but also to the conspiracy to overthrow the results of the election. These acts are concurrent with one another and, like you, I hope the DOJ prosecutes Trump but a referral for prosecution from the Jan 6 committee isn't necessary for that to occur.
Today's testimony was quite powerful. Did you watch it?

June 21, 2022 10:59 PM Forum: Politics

DeSantis On Musk's Support

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Yeah, Elon Musk is from South Africa, and moved to America.

Are you planning on asking any other stupid questions?  

Next...
I don't ask stupid questions but I do get stupid replies...

June 22, 2022 01:15 AM Forum: Politics

Alan Dershowitz on the Jan 6. witch trial going on.

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Fox finally covered it today and their GOP consultant lawyer said, Trump is unfit to serve and may be guilty:
"He added that there is “no defending what President Trump did” on Jan. 6, 2021."
"He states that the committee has successfully shown that Trump is “unfit for office” and that “it may even be showing that he obstructed Congress or … conspired to defraud the United States.”
https://www.yahoo.com/now/even-fox-news-conservative-analysts-233216501.html

June 22, 2022 01:40 AM Forum: Politics

Alan Dershowitz on the Jan 6. witch trial going on.

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Fox finally covered it today and their GOP consultant lawyer said, Trump is unfit to serve and may be guilty:
"He added that there is “no defending what President Trump did” on Jan. 6, 2021."
"He states that the committee has successfully shown that Trump is “unfit for office” and that “it may even be showing that he obstructed Congress or … conspired to defraud the United States.”
https://www.yahoo.com/now/even-fox-news-conservative-analysts-233216501.html
Additionally, it appears Rich has cited comments apparently from Alan recorded earlier in the month before the recent hearings. Additionally, Alan is reportedly representing the MyPillow guy-Lindell-who just got booted from Walmart...