Image of the day

Captured by
Roberto Garofalo

North America & Pelican Maped color

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

June 22, 2022 02:27 AM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"Fox anchor: Jan. 6 witnesses outlining ‘huge, stunning, clear’ lack of voter fraud evidence"
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/3531399-fox-anchor-jan-6-witnesses-outlining-huge-stunning-clear-lack-of-voter-fraud-evidence/

June 22, 2022 05:07 PM Forum: Politics

Religious schools now can be funded.....

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Now the Cons can pay for that, too...

June 22, 2022 05:11 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

I find it interesting and a bit perplexing that Jim is criticizing Adam Schiff for his role on the committee without listening to anything he had to say... 

June 22, 2022 05:56 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
Anything? People that dislike Schiff a lot get their fill of him fast. Ten minutes?
Schiff asked some questions and the GOP reps, in very compelling testimony, detailed Trump's plot to pressure them to overturn election results in their states. The GOPreps did most of the talking and everybody in attendance listened. 

June 22, 2022 09:47 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

Adam Schiff has no credibility because of his numerous Russian collusion and Steele dossier lies.  I suppose he still has that smoking gun somewhere?  Schiff is a rabid lying attack dog.   

Look, maybe everything Schiff has done on this particular committee is above board...  Could be I suppose.  But he has no credibility with me because of the entirety of his career.  I doubt he could ever rehabilitate himself in my view, and as you have been told, I'm a RINO.  If I seriously wanted to uncover crimes committed by Trump, Schiff is not the kind of congressman I would put on the committee.  If I wanted maximum impact on the daily talk shows, Schiff would be my guy.

Jim 
Here's politico's fact-checking on Schiff:
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/adam-schiff/
And from Newsweek:
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-adam-schiff-tamper-jim-jordan-jan-6-evidence-meadows-hearing-1660490
Seems like he's keeping his nose above board to me...

June 23, 2022 05:07 PM Forum: Politics

At Least 6 Justices still believe in the Bill of Rights

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Why so angry?
Having read Rich's initial post and the reply to yours, Lol! Rest assured, your point is well taken!
PS: Do we all feel safer now that Rich Davis can walk around outside of his home while carrying?... 

June 23, 2022 06:19 PM Forum: Politics

At Least 6 Justices still believe in the Bill of Rights

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis


I wouldn't bother protecting you.

I'd honestly most likely just let them shoot away at you.  wink

But aside from that, the Bill of Rights applies equally to everyone in the nation and the bureaucrats don't just get to take those rights away willy nilly because they have fears.

Life is full of danger.  Get used to it.
Protecting me?! Lol! Are you a cop? At best, I don't think you could protect yourself. At worst, you'd probably be like the guy who almost shot the good guy trying to wrestle the gun away from the perp who shot Gifford...

June 23, 2022 06:44 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Pence on being informed via email on a draft-resolution from the house to remove Trump from office by invoking the 25th amendment: "yeah, excellent"
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/23/politics/trump-jan-6-documentary-footage-pence-25th-amendment/index.html

June 23, 2022 10:15 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Custom Mirror Cell

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Bob MacArthur
Hello,

I am looking at getting a custom mirror cell with a whiffletree design made for my 16" AstroSystem Telekit.  Any suggestions would be great.

Keep Looking Up,

Bob
I have a 16" astrosystems Telekit. Why not use the cell that comes with it? Works fine...

June 23, 2022 10:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Southern Globulars

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Beautiful images! Thanks for sharing...