New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

December 26, 2006 05:11 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another M45

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Vincent,
Thanks, I need that! Especially after being clouded-out this week and not being able to view from Pinos.
Very nice!

January 22, 2007 09:13 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Some widefield Ha

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Nice work Vincent,
Portions of Barnards loop appear to have a 3D effect.

August 4, 2007 01:25 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Guide camera arrived!

Posted By Rod Kaufman

I want a thorough report and if it doesn't meet Floyd Blue specs, ship it back! grin

December 27, 2007 12:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC-7789

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Floyd,
Nice image, a bit of a 3D effect as it draws you in close to the center!

February 8, 2008 04:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

OK, Image number 2 for the DSI Pro III

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Floyd,
Your're turning out some really nice images. It looks like you've mastered the DSI Pro III in record time.
Keep 'em coming...

February 11, 2008 12:38 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

The Jellyfish

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Floyd,
Another nice image. Glad you got something for the effort.
Those clouds came out of nowhere. We were walking our dog last night and it was clear when we left and 10 minutes later it rolling in from somewhere shocked I don't think it was predicted, either on the clock or by the weather forecasts. I'm glad I got some time in on Friday..

March 24, 2008 09:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Yeah! My new color Astronomic filters arrived!

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Hi Floyd,
You might have to shoot locally since the weather forecast from the weather underground doesn't look too promising: 50 mph winds and clouds throughout the week and weekend at Frazier Park. :C I was thinking about Lockwood valley or Pinos next Sunday but that doesn't appear to be possible if the weather prediction is accurate...

March 27, 2008 11:00 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Which Orion Camera Is Better?

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Orion is running a sale on two of its CCD imaging cameras, a monochrome unit and a color unit, both priced at $599.00 each shipped. They're both $699.00 each plus shipping at regular price. For a beginner, which is the better way to go?

June 29, 2008 11:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

My first HA exposure, M16

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Floyd,
The full resolution image looks good despite all of the difficulties I saw you work through last night. I think it was certainly worth the effort although it's a shame you encountered the problems that you did. I like the detail in the nebulosity that you captured. The Eagle looked pretty good with an 0111 filter in my scope last night as you may recall so at least the transparency cooperated so that's a plus along with your fine image! smile

June 30, 2008 08:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 7008

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Dietmar,
A splendid image of one of my favorite planetaries!
Depending on the orientation of the observer and the object, it may take on the appearance of a ghostly skull face staring back at you from outer space. It freaked me out completely when I first saw it...