Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

December 4, 2022 12:50 AM Forum: Politics

Elon suspends Ye from Twitter?

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

You misunderstand my posting. I was criticizing Ye for his racism and antisemitism and criticizing your hero Musk for curbing his free speech. You made how many posts praising musk???
Yeah but Rich thinks Biden was colluding with Twitter! OMG! Time to resign! Whata about that!!!

December 4, 2022 02:25 AM Forum: Politics

Looks like the Biden team in the runup to and immediately before the 2020 Presidential election were colluding w/Twitter

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Maybe Rich can persuade John Durham and the house GOP to investigate this too with another investigation especially when Durham's present probe that Rich jumped up and down like a clapping seal turned up nothing:
"Conservatives Crushed by Durham Probe Failure: 'Unbelievably Disappointing'"
https://www.newsweek.com/conservatives-crushed-durham-probe-failure-unbelievably-disappointing-1753406
On the other hand, perhaps Rich is waiting on the Hunter Biden's laptop to be probed first, followed by an investigation of the investigation of Jan 6th. Maybe the GOP should use Durham for that one, too...

December 4, 2022 02:42 AM Forum: Politics

Looks like the Biden team in the runup to and immediately before the 2020 Presidential election were colluding w/Twitter

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Maybe Rich can persuade John Durham and the house GOP to investigate this too with another investigation especially when Durham's present probe that Rich jumped up and down like a clapping seal turned up nothing:
"Conservatives Crushed by Durham Probe Failure: 'Unbelievably Disappointing'"
https://www.newsweek.com/conservatives-crushed-durham-probe-failure-unbelievably-disappointing-1753406
On the other hand, perhaps Rich is waiting on the Hunter Biden's laptop to be probed first, followed by an investigation of the investigation of Jan 6th. Maybe the GOP should use Durham for that one, too...
I'll add that Jim Jordan probably has a leg up on Rich because he now wants to investigate Apple for not advertising on Twitter!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZXwEqu9dzE
There's nothing quite like the hypocrisy of MAGA Republicans telling private businesses which private platforms they choose not to advertise on... 

December 4, 2022 04:38 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"The posts on Twitter’s response to the Hunter Biden story do not show evidence of a widespread conspiracy to limit the content but some chaos, confusion and disagreement among Twitter employees about the platform’s reasoning for censoring it."
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3760916-trump-calls-for-termination-of-election-rules-in-constitution-to-overturn-2020-election/

December 4, 2022 09:42 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Lacey

If you look at Taibbi's "Twitter files," it's little more than screenshots of content moderation employees at Twitter earnestly debating their content moderation policies. There is no evidence that the Biden team was colluding with Twitter. Nothing. Burger.
You know it and I know it as do those who are rational individuals and who are capable of comprehending the story but wingnuts can't and they think they've found gold here. That's also what they felt with the Durham probe that turned out to be another huge whopper of a nothing burger...

December 5, 2022 06:08 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Lacey

LOL! You have no idea what moving the goalposts means. Pointing out that the FEC ruled that Twitter's actions were not partisan in 2021 is entirely germane to your claim that "the Biden team was colluding with Twitter."
I think you guys were wrong about Rich, ya see he does know how to be comical...

December 6, 2022 12:33 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

I scanned this thread for the first time this morning.  I disagree with James, in that I think this story is not a "nothing burger."  On the contrary, it is a very instructive example of the clear left bias shown in content moderation on Twitter and FB.  This matters because far too many people get their news from Twitter and FB, including apparently many mainstream journalists, which then corrupts and reinforces their worldview and biases their own reporting.  This exacerbates the polarization that is plaguing the country.  I also think it is pretty clear that the government does it's best to manipulate the press and social media.  This should not be surprising to anyone.  On the other hand, I doubt that any persuadable voters were unaware of Hunter's laptop in 2020.  Other outlets covered it extensively.

As Matt Taibbi himself said about 4 days ago, the main victim of this rampant bias is the press itself; https://taibbi.substack.com/p/be-it-resolved-dont-trust-mainstream   I agree with his comments in the linked comments from the Munk Debates.  No one should trust the press, any of it, in 2022.

I chose to reply to the post quoted above, since it is pretty clear that James was able to rile Rich to the shouting stage quite easily, as we all knew he could.   Everyone can see that Rich was spun up here, even though he will deny and deny until the end of time.  It was/is fun to watch.  Jim
I disagree with Jim and I agree with James that this is a nothing burger. I see Jim isn't content to limit his contention to the contrary; he now includes Facebook as well. 
Any degree of moderation in a public platform can potentially be viewed as biased by anyone who doesn't happen to agree with it. Here, of course, we're referencing private business platforms with terms and conditions and their moderators can respond as they deem appropriate to content that, in their estimation and in consideration of all feedback they receive, do not meet their standards of their platform.
That said, the most ridiculous statement in Jim's post is, "No one should trust the press, any of it, in 2022." So when the press publishes a fact check, it shouldn't be trusted? Or if the press notes it was wrong, it shouldn't publish a retraction because it can't be trusted? Should we have another investigation of the investigation like the failed Durham probe every time a political party disagrees with the outcome and/or the initiation of an investigation? Hunter Biden has not and is not running for political office. He may be charged for tax evasion or some other offense but that remains to be decided by prosecutors. It will not be decided on Twitter or Facebook...

December 6, 2022 01:44 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

On top of that, the data is insignificant.  I glanced at the first article, and they conspicuously fail to mention how many respondents were unaware of the laptop story.  Out of this undisclosed number of cavern-dwellers, only 5% would have changed their vote to Trump, "had they known."  One wonders how the push-poll question was phrased too.  No detail provided.  Totally useless data.  Jim
That's what I call "biased", Jim. Not CNN. When Fox News doesn't publish the guilty verdicts in the seditious conspiracy trials on their website, I call that biased. Not CNN.
When Fox News opinion commentators occupy their prime time viewing slots, I call that biased. Not CNN. Perhaps when we know the outcome of the Dominion V. Fox news trial in April of 2023, you'll have a better perspective of what bias is but we'll all have to wait and find out...

December 6, 2022 05:52 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Don't know, but I doubt Gallup Polling is selling bumper stickers. For $109! shocked Yikes, you right-wing fanatics are easily duped from hard earned coin.  
Rich probably ordered two...

December 6, 2022 07:44 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Time to come to the realization that we have been hoodwinked here in the AM politics forum. We are conversing with "Russian Bots" not actual liberals and RINO's lol
Greg probably has one of the bumper stickers on every barbecue he delivers...
Speaking of morons, Greg, did you vote for Herschel yet or are you waiting for December 6th like a good little Trumptoid?