New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

December 19, 2022 06:22 AM Forum: Politics

NC Supreme Court Nixes Voter ID

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

There are basically two forms of ID most prevalently used. A state issued DL and a state issued ID card for those that cant or dont drive. Both are easily obtainable via the DMV dept regardless of race. All that foofaraw you mention is just that foofaraw to justify how requiring ID to vote is discrimination.....and it is not.
Obviously, the court disagrees. The Republican-controlled legislature specified a voter ID that people of color would least likely have in comparison to caucasian voters. That forms the basis of the discriminatory policy. Nor should it be required that people of color go out of their way to meet the stipulation of the Republican majority of the necessity to obtain and maintain a type of voter ID that not only they would least likely have in the first place but isn't justified by any demonstrable voter fraud. Those are the findings of the court...

December 19, 2022 06:53 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

You're 100% correct Greg. 

Let's just say it out loud.  The only racist people in the situation are the judges themselves and the leftists on the forum here, who apparently think that black people are too stupid to know how to get an ID card.  

It doesn't get much more racist than that does it?  

All my black friends have ID cards and EVEN drive cars.  OMG!  

My buddy Thomas is retired military and lo and behold he has an ID.

So do my friends Alex and Al.  

Al even owns his own limousine service.  

Same with my friend Dwight.  He's also a black guy WITH an ID card.  Holy shit, say it isn't so.
LOL  

I wonder if James Lacey has an ID card??  What are the odds?  Do you think his sons have ID cards.

If they do, then I suppose they are freaks of nature.  

Nah, the only real actual racists exist on this forum, those like Rod.  smile

You take a position against the court's decision which decided the voter ID law is discriminatory. You support the discriminatory voter ID law so the "actual racist" here is you...

December 19, 2022 07:34 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

No, the racist is yourself, who once again decides that Black people are somehow incapable of obtaining a simple ID card.

Your expectations of Black Americans is so low that you believe they aren't somehow smart enough to obtain a state issued ID card or a driver's license.

It is called the bigotry of low expectations.  You practice it regularly and it is an insult to Blacks whom I am friends with.

If you ever bothered to associate with a Black Person or had a friend who is Black, which I'm guessing you don't and never have had, they might tell you just what a bigot you are.   smile 
No, you side with the discriminatory law that was upended by the court. I, of course, side with the court and neither it or I decided that black people are somehow incapable of obtaining a simple ID card. So stop your nonsensical HS, moron...

December 19, 2022 08:22 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

It wasn't a discriminatory law.

Just because a few black robes make a decision doesn't mean squat to me.  

You're a bigot IMO since you practice the bigotry of low expectations for all Black individuals in this country.

The fact is that you've never had a black friend in your life, and IF you've ever had a person who is black in your home, it was only to have them do work for you.

Yet you're going to get out there and save their world are you?

What an arrogant, bigoted prick you are.  

But then you're a leftist through and through and I really couldn't give a rat's ass about your political position
The court decided it IS a discriminatory law. That's reality just as 60 other courts decided that there's no evidence of voter fraud and threw out frivolous lawsuits alleging that there was. Again and again, you back the discriminatory voter ID law that the court just threw out. If there's ever a bigoted prick, it's obviously you...

December 19, 2022 12:41 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Since you decided to introduce the Brennan Center findings as an excuse for denying voter ID lets be clear on what exactly the Brennan Center is.....a left wing advocacy group that supports and advocates many "progessive" policies including combating voter ID.....I dont doubt one bit that they would claim voter ID is biased.....but to claim $10 for an ID card is an excuse is pretty transparent or that some might have to travel 20 miles to get one.....responsible citizens who want a voice in elections can find a way and I certainly wouldnt classify either as an undue hardship. 

Bottom line is voter ID is a threat for the left.....one citizen, one vote is something the left has never been a fan of and is the real reason for such silly positions and excuses. 
"one citizen, one vote is something the left has never been a fan of and is the real reason for such silly positions and excuses."
Lol! Says Greg, an advocate for the electoral college and not the popular vote in presidential elections and two senator votes per state no matter how populous they are.
Not to mention, it's a ridiculous statement when all of the attempted voter suppression is coming from the right...

December 19, 2022 08:41 AM Forum: Politics

Breaking: Jan 6th Committee To Issue Criminal Referrals On Trump

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Obstruction, inciting an insurrection and at least one more on their way to the DOJ...

December 20, 2022 07:21 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"The entire nation knows who is responsible for that day." McConnell:
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3781299-mcconnell-on-jan-6-criminal-referral-of-trump-entire-nation-knows-who-is-responsible-for-that-day/

December 20, 2022 12:11 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

They really are scared to death he will run again lol
Lol! He's already running so obviously it's not that they're scared to death of him save for some members of his own party.

December 21, 2022 12:05 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Lacey

The stupidest thing the GOP could do is nominate Trump in 2024. As it is, it will take a couple of election cycles for the GOP to recover from the Trump train wreck. If they nominate him again, it will only serve to make their process of redemption and recovery longer. Surely the midterms convinced you the electorate is sick and tired of Trump's self-serving lies and chaos? How many elections and houses of Congress does that man have to lose before his supporters wake up? The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, that were found guilty of crimes related to their actions on Jan. 6th, including seditious conspiracy have woken up. Many of them acknowledged in their testimony that they were provoked to travel to Washington and attack the capitol by Trump and are deeply remorseful for their mistake.
Greg has already explained it to you, "they" don't want Trump to run again even though he's announced his candidacy. So, obviously everything else is just made-up excuses and smoke and mirrors and if "we" don't see it like Greg does, we're all idiots....

December 21, 2022 03:56 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

I know. I just wanted to hear him say it.

Now I predict either crickets or the usual "I see you took the bait" line.
I think Greg and Rich believe it's on us because we don't speak MAGA. For instance, here's Lauren Boebert today calling out Marjorie Taylor Green on Jewish space lasers:
“I’ve been asked to explain MTG’s belief in Jewish space lasers, why she showed up to a white supremacist’s conference, and now why she’s blindly following Kevin McCarthy and I’m not going to go there,” Boebert said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3782233-greene-and-boebert-trade-public-barbs-over-mccarthy-space-lasers/
Additionally, here are two Trump supporters explaining MAGA and Trump:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQr2kFEU4U