My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

December 8, 2022 04:32 PM Forum: Politics

Oil Prices Jump 4% After Keystone Pipeline Leak

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"No timetable has been given for restarting the Keystone Pipeline, a 2,700-mile system that delivers mostly Canadian oil to major refineries across America. The pipeline can transport more than 600,000 barrels of oil per day."
"The leak happened on an existing Keystone pipeline that is separate from Keystone XL, a controversial pipeline project that was terminated last year after President Joe Biden revoked the pipeline’s permit on his first day in office."
"The Keystone Pipeline has experienced leaks in the past, including one in South Dakota in 2016 and another one in 2019 in North Dakota that impacted nearly five acres."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/economy/oil-prices-rise-after-keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html

December 8, 2022 07:32 PM Forum: Politics

Trump ll OverTakes Trump1 In New Poll

Posted By Rod Kaufman

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3767275-desantis-tops-trump-in-hypothetical-2024-matchup-poll/

December 8, 2022 07:54 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

Democrats will do everything in their power to try and get Trump nominated. I wonder if the hard-core Trumpers even care that he is a losing proposition.

Trump was right when he said in 2016 that he brought a lot of new people into the GOP, many of whom had never voted GOP in the past. This is part of the GOP dilemma. He obviously chased off many more independent, and principled conservatives, like myself and Jim, in the process cool

Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?
"Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?"
Well, that is germane to my point: DeSantis, instead of morphing into a moderate, centrist candidate, will have to maintain his aurea of animus in his persona, policies and decision-making practices in order to placate and maintain Trump1's base...

December 9, 2022 01:29 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

I’m not one to help the D’S generally, but I seriously doubt it will work to try and paint DeSantis as Trump Jr. 
Well, as I noted in another thread, a Florida judge hearing a case brought by a AG fired by DeSantis noted it was "chock full of animus" by DeSantis. That's a trademark of "Animus DeSantis", as I like to call him,  and he's known for his vindictiveness against anyone who disagrees with him such as the well known example of Disneyland in Florida.
So, one only needs to look at his behavior that speaks for itself and there's little need to paint DeSantis for anything that he already is. But, you may be right, people will simply assume because his name is different, he must be different too...

December 9, 2022 02:14 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"The Florida state legislator who sponsored the bill that became known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill has resigned after he was indicted for pandemic-era loan fraud."
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3768020-sponsor-of-floridas-dont-say-gay-law-resigns-following-indictment-for-pandemic-aid-fraud/

That bill was one of Animus DeSantis' trademark pieces of legislation. 
"During a press conference ahead of signing the law, DeSantis said teaching kindergarten-aged kids that "they can be whatever they want to be" was "inappropriate" for children."
"He said, "It's not something that's appropriate for any place, but especially not in Florida."
"Leading up to the bill's signing, critics, which include The Walt Disney Company, lambasted Florida lawmakers for the legislation."
"On Monday, a spokesperson said in a statement that the company hopes the law is repealed or struck down in court."
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/28/1089221657/dont-say-gay-florida-desantis
In response:
"DeSantis revokes Disney's special status after ‘Don’t Say Gay’ opposition"
"Requested by the Republican governor, the two bills punishing Disney were made public on Tuesday and signed into law by DeSantis roughly 77 hours later following a special legislative session originally called to address congressional redistricting."
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/22/desantis-disney-special-status-dont-say-gay-00027302

"Animus DeSantis" in action...

December 9, 2022 06:41 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

LOL.... You can bet he will and proclaim it loudly.....even though he and 95% of his fans/supporters preached it was the world market that drove them up (some in here in fact). I would agree with the premise that the world market certainly influenced it but so did Biden's policies when it comes to what made the prices soar.
"You can bet he will and proclaim it loudly."
Funny, he hasn't, unlike Trump and his toids...

December 9, 2022 08:08 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

^ That's a good, funny reply right there!  
You wanna tell me why you would vote for him?...

December 9, 2022 09:11 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

I agreed with Trump that going into Iraq in 2003 was a mistake. Not too many of you rightist guys agreed with that at the time.
Not just a mistake, but the biggest mistake, according to Trump. But, when asked on a multitude of occasions if he agrees, Greg still maintains he doesn't know enough about it to offer a yea or a nay if he agrees with Trump on this one...

December 9, 2022 09:19 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

Heck no, I barely know anything about him!  If he is the nominee, I'll form an opinion over the course of 2023 and 2024.  Assuming I have not grown entirely tired of this forum, I'll let you know when the time comes.  Jim
Well, I'll hope you consider a judge's statements about him in the case he's currently hearing wherein he stated it's "chock full" of animus by DeSantis. That's probably as neutral and unbiased an opinion of his behavioral characteristics that you are going to hear from a unbiased source...

December 9, 2022 09:26 PM Forum: Politics

The AAA Report On American Driving Habits...

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Getting worse in spades:
"The report, which includes survey data from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, noted increases in risky behaviors including speeding, running red lights, drowsy driving, and driving impaired due to cannabis or alcohol."
https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/infrastructure/3768751-aaa-dangerous-driving-behaviors-on-the-rise/
I wonder how the increase in the number of pickup truck drivers factors in here...