Posts Made By: Rod Kaufman

December 9, 2022 03:54 AM Forum: Politics

Trump ll OverTakes Trump1 In New Poll

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

Democrats will do everything in their power to try and get Trump nominated. I wonder if the hard-core Trumpers even care that he is a losing proposition.

Trump was right when he said in 2016 that he brought a lot of new people into the GOP, many of whom had never voted GOP in the past. This is part of the GOP dilemma. He obviously chased off many more independent, and principled conservatives, like myself and Jim, in the process cool

Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?
"Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?"
Well, that is germane to my point: DeSantis, instead of morphing into a moderate, centrist candidate, will have to maintain his aurea of animus in his persona, policies and decision-making practices in order to placate and maintain Trump1's base...

December 9, 2022 09:29 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

I’m not one to help the D’S generally, but I seriously doubt it will work to try and paint DeSantis as Trump Jr. 
Well, as I noted in another thread, a Florida judge hearing a case brought by a AG fired by DeSantis noted it was "chock full of animus" by DeSantis. That's a trademark of "Animus DeSantis", as I like to call him,  and he's known for his vindictiveness against anyone who disagrees with him such as the well known example of Disneyland in Florida.
So, one only needs to look at his behavior that speaks for itself and there's little need to paint DeSantis for anything that he already is. But, you may be right, people will simply assume because his name is different, he must be different too...

December 9, 2022 10:14 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

"The Florida state legislator who sponsored the bill that became known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill has resigned after he was indicted for pandemic-era loan fraud."
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3768020-sponsor-of-floridas-dont-say-gay-law-resigns-following-indictment-for-pandemic-aid-fraud/

That bill was one of Animus DeSantis' trademark pieces of legislation. 
"During a press conference ahead of signing the law, DeSantis said teaching kindergarten-aged kids that "they can be whatever they want to be" was "inappropriate" for children."
"He said, "It's not something that's appropriate for any place, but especially not in Florida."
"Leading up to the bill's signing, critics, which include The Walt Disney Company, lambasted Florida lawmakers for the legislation."
"On Monday, a spokesperson said in a statement that the company hopes the law is repealed or struck down in court."
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/28/1089221657/dont-say-gay-florida-desantis
In response:
"DeSantis revokes Disney's special status after ‘Don’t Say Gay’ opposition"
"Requested by the Republican governor, the two bills punishing Disney were made public on Tuesday and signed into law by DeSantis roughly 77 hours later following a special legislative session originally called to address congressional redistricting."
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/22/desantis-disney-special-status-dont-say-gay-00027302

"Animus DeSantis" in action...

December 14, 2022 03:34 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Brown

So - I don't want to put words in your mouth Rod, but is it fair to say that if DeSantis is nominated, you won't vote for him?
I won't but it appears from today's poll that most Republicans will:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3773062-desantis-tops-trump-by-23-points-among-republicans-in-new-poll/
Maybe Margie will be contacting him about being his running mate...

December 14, 2022 05:01 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

DeSantis goes full anti-vaxx:     https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3773773-desantis-calls-for-grand-jury-investigation-of-covid-vaccines/
It doesn't get much more conspiracy-laced than that...

December 15, 2022 06:58 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Well, it's one thing for Rich Davis to be a vaccine denier but it's quite another for a governor of a populous state and presumably a presidential contender to be one. I'm also wondering why "animus DeSantis" will never say if he was vaccinated. Maybe with his lawsuit, the opposing side can drag in his butt into to court and have him testify under oath...
On edit, he reportedly had one dose of the J&J vaccine.

December 15, 2022 08:45 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

SE Cupp on why DeSantis is doing what he's doing:   https://www.cnn.com/videos/opinions/2022/12/14/se-cupp-ron-desantis-covid-19-orig-jm.cnn

December 15, 2022 11:36 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

How many deaths and long term health problems did the vaccines cause?  

Oh wait I almost forgot again, when any study, anywhere in the world, conducted by any other group of doctors provides tons of information showing that conditions such as life threatening blood clots in the body, heart arrythmias, and myocarditis, heart palpitations, and other issues, attributed to the Covid "vaccine", you and the other gov't sheep haven't even considered those studies and you've dismissed them out of hand.

In fact your attack the messenger schtick, where you immediately attack the doctors and groups who've conducted those studies as quacks, and you've attacked them personally trying to dig up dirt on them, begins immediately within seconds.

So really, your little moniker where you continuously refer to me falsely as a "vaccine denier" isn't working since I've already had the vaccine and I've never told anyone else to not get this 'vaccine'.

Got anything else?  
The number one that the Florida anti-vaxx team, ie DeSantis and his antivax surgeon general, talk about is myocarditis, However more cases of myocarditis are caused by covid than the vaccine ever reportedly caused...
I bet you can't wait for the governor's newly assigned anti-vax committee to look into complications supposedly caused by the vaccine. What's their source going to be, the Epoch Times?...

December 16, 2022 02:18 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Also, Rich, do not post data from VAERS.

VAERS is an early warning mechanism designed to detect possible vaccine safety problems. It is not a good source of objective data determining a vaccine's overall safety or effectiveness. It is a passive reporting system that anyone can submit to. As such, you will get people who report aliens abducted them after receiving the vaccine. The onus is on you to provide data from a scholarly peer-reviewed article demonstrating that COVID-19 vaccines have resulted in an abnormally high number of complications and deaths. It can't be an opinion piece.
Well, at least we have an advanced heads-up for a potential source for Animus DeSantis' anti-vax committee. That, and the Epoch Times. It's going to be epic...

December 10, 2022 05:26 AM Forum: Politics

The AAA Report On American Driving Habits...

Posted By Rod Kaufman

Getting worse in spades:
"The report, which includes survey data from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, noted increases in risky behaviors including speeding, running red lights, drowsy driving, and driving impaired due to cannabis or alcohol."
https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/infrastructure/3768751-aaa-dangerous-driving-behaviors-on-the-rise/
I wonder how the increase in the number of pickup truck drivers factors in here...