New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Linton Rohr

February 22, 2015 06:17 PM Forum: After Dark

Fireball?

Posted By Linton Rohr

Charles Stevenson said:

I think I just saw a fireball! smile At least, it was the brightest burning and falling object I've ever seen at night. How would I see if anyone else had a sighting of this? It was in the vicinity of Hercules from my house looking East towards Boston.

Cool. Check out the American Meteor Society site for reports that match your time and place.
http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/imo_view/browse_events?country=-1&year=2015
File a report of your own.
Linton

February 22, 2015 06:24 PM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

Bright meteor

Posted By Linton Rohr

Cool. Check out the American Meteor Society site for reports that match your time and place.
http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/imo_view/browse_events?country=-1&year=2015
File a report of your own.
Linton

March 10, 2015 06:26 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Winter in So. Utah

Posted By Linton Rohr

A short drive up on Boulder Mtn. provides views out over Capitol Reef, to the Henry Mountains further east.

June 15, 2015 10:30 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Prairie Storm

Posted By Linton Rohr

It's nice that you've got a prairie restoration underway there, Roland. Dramatic photos, as well.
The last time we drove back to visit my family in Illinois, we made a point of staying off of I-70 all the way through Kansas,
so we could experience the old pastoral spaces from the slow lane. smile The highlight was visiting a Tall-Grass Prairie Preserve,
that had been a grand old ranch with soil too rocky to be have been tilled. I believe it was donated to the Nature Conservancy.
Perhaps I'll dig up some pictures.
Linton

August 21, 2015 10:33 PM Forum: After Dark

Superb Article On Light Pollution

Posted By Linton Rohr

Good article, Rod.
Good luck with L.A. City/County, though!
Linton

October 12, 2015 09:09 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Total Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

Posted By Linton Rohr

I really appreciated all the interesting replies here, and kept intending to reply to each one individually.
But a series of house guests and other activities have overwhelmed me. My apologies.
Linton

January 8, 2005 04:46 PM Forum: Polls

I believe that......

Posted By Linton Rohr

Finally, I've found some people that see this the way I do! How presumptous of us to think that God would have had to create the universe, the earth, the animals on it, and/or us silly humans all with the snap of his fingers. shocked Why could he have not caused the big bang, the forming of earth (and others like it perhaps) and after creating animals and letting them evolve for a few million years, come up with he idea to mold humankind from the ape family? That would be much more interesting and creative to him than to just snap his fingers and voila! God might want to have fun, too. grin
Linton

September 13, 2005 08:30 PM Forum: Polls

ATWB buying and selling used on AstroMart

Posted By Linton Rohr

I have - once. By someone Herb just disposed of.
Much, much better odds though, than down in the slime of PEE-bay. shocked
Linton

November 4, 2006 10:21 AM Forum: Polls

Most important Beatle

Posted By Linton Rohr

Decline to state. 8)
The combined output of the Beatles was immensely
greater than the input of any one member.
George Martin's creative genius should not be forgotten, either.
Linton

March 7, 2009 01:30 PM Forum: Polls

The new administration ....

Posted By Linton Rohr

Jeff Morgan said:

When our choices came down to two senators, I knew it was not going to be good. No executive experience. It's sure showing now.

Your point on the downturn being global doesn't make a lot of sense to me - since the US is the engine of the world economy. As the saying goes, when we get a cold, the world gets pneumonia.

McCain/Palin would be cutting business taxes, capitol gains taxes, etc.
But ROMNEY is the one who knows how to run a business enterprise.
He might have (I think so) even beat Obama.
Maybe next time...
Linton