My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: bob smart

March 9, 2009 10:06 PM Forum: Polls

These drugs should be legal and taxed..

Posted By bob smart

That settles it then. We have two gene pool boys to clean up the scum!

March 12, 2009 10:29 PM Forum: Polls

The Economy ....

Posted By bob smart

What is the current unemployment rate in your state and what's forecast for the next year?

July 6, 2009 02:43 AM Forum: Polls

In my adult life I have never been .....

Posted By bob smart

Who's idea was the "economic bailout package" in the first place? The Bush administration. I think that the failing banks and car companies should have been left to fend for themselves. Along with the employees who would have lost their jobs.

Not.

Bob.

August 6, 2009 10:56 PM Forum: Polls

Health care in the USA

Posted By bob smart

I live in Canada where we have universal health care. First off; Canada has a lower death rate than the US, a longer life expectancy and a lower infant mortality rate than the US. I think those stats are very telling. I have made use of the system myself as I had major abdominal surgery last year. The surgeon was brilliant and I was out of hospital in four days and back to work in two weeks less a day. Obviously the greatest downside is the amount of tax one pays for keeping the system intact. On the other hand, if you are very poor you pay nothing and still get the same care as everyone else. Very civilized I'd say as I don't mind picking up a bit of slack here and there for the less fortunate. Don't believe all the tripe you hear from those against universal health care as they are the ones who would stand to lose the most if it were instituted in the US.

March 16, 2010 01:58 AM Forum: Polls

Astromart should

Posted By bob smart

I think A-mart should charge a percent fee for all sales. I'm not sure how to administer it but I think that's would should be done.

Bob.

September 9, 2010 11:17 PM Forum: Polls

The Koran burning on 9/11/10

Posted By bob smart

Once again this is a silly question as what it really is is an affront to a group of peoples' deeply held, for whatever reason, religious beliefs. The proposed burning is juvenile, tactless and vulgar. It would achieve nothing positive other than make a bunch of redneck yahoos feel good about their collective stupidity.

September 16, 2010 07:31 PM Forum: Polls

Death Penalty should be ....

Posted By bob smart

Hmm. Sounds like you want a bit of Iranian law in the U.S. . The people who commit these crimes are themselves broken. Could be from their mothers alcohol consumption while pregnant, a bad fall as a child, poor parenting or just plain old mis-wired brains. I'm sure these people show signs at an early age that they are capable of committing horrible crimes. If society as a whole were a bit more responsive to the needs of these individuals, they may not turn out to be so bad. The country needs to be more responsible as a community. If they are not manageable then institutionalize them. Turn some of the prisons into mental institutions. To get Draconian would be a giant step backward.

September 17, 2010 06:28 PM Forum: Polls

I prefer this telescope design

Posted By bob smart

Since when is a Dobsonian mount a telescope? Who writes these questions?

September 20, 2010 12:17 AM Forum: Polls

I prefer this telescope design

Posted By bob smart

Why not ask questions like "Is it closer to Tucson than by car?" or "What's the difference between an orange?".

September 20, 2010 11:30 PM Forum: Polls

My next computer is going to be --

Posted By bob smart

I couldn't agree with you more. I write music for a living and the first computer I used as a sequencer/recorder was a PC. Total garbage. DOS. The computer was in charge of me. Creative pursuits require flexible tools not rigid, non-user friendly aesthetically unpleasing boxes of noise. I've been using Macs since the late 80's and have never turned back. Sure, I use a PC for imaging as the software is not available in Mac flavour and they've come a long way since DOS but I still have no use for them. No such thing as cross platform adherence to key strokes or aesthetics to mention but a few things. I think if the majority pulled their heads out of their respective rears and tried a Mac they'd be sold.
There is no god but there is Steve Jobs!