Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: paul davis

December 23, 2004 11:34 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Perplexing Decision

Posted By paul davis

Hello all, I am no doubt just another newbie seeking the almighty advice that begets the confidence needed to finish my decision.I have been researching these threads and other forums for awhile now along with endless searches on google to find what is the best scope for me. I believe I am at the point of purchase but would love the push to get me over the edge. I have between $350.00 to $450.00 to spend. I live in the suburbs yet can see myself driving to a more ideal location now and again. I have a more than full time career and family I wish to devote plenty of time to. However, I am completely drawn to the cosmos and wish to indulge myself with them as much as I can. I believe the go-to option seems well suited for my busy life, giving me the jump start that I've read so much about here. So now it comes down to getting the best scope with this option or with the ability for it at a sooner rather than later date. I've seen the Orion XT6 fits into this range and also allows me to get the cpu guide right away for just under the $450.00 amount.I've also considered the XT8 without the guide right away. I've also considered the Meade etx70 with a couple of the suggested extra's IE.Barlow 1.25, filter set, case etc....putting me somewhere in the same price range. Lastly, I've considered the Celstron nexstar 4GT putting me just alittle over the $450.00.
Whew.... so please hit me with everything you've got. I can only hope that the accumulated knowledge you all posses will help guide me on my way to the cosmos. thx.