My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Don Eberle

January 23, 2005 07:22 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Birds Eye View 30mm EP

Posted By Don Eberle

I recently purchased the Birds Eye View EP from ATWB. This is the same EP as a bwoptik or 1rpd. I have not had much of a chance to use this EP due to the cloudy weather (and extreme cold the few times it has been clear) but I am very pleased with this EP. This 80 degree EP yields almost a 2 degree field in my 10" F5 dob. This is a tremendous value for the price. I primarily have used this ep to observe comet Machholz the few times it has been clear, but this ep also gave very pleasing views of the double cluster, M36, M37, and M42. The view was not sharp all the way to the edge in my f5, (some astigmatism and field curvature) but to me the views on these objects were very good. Also, the customer service from ATWB was great.

August 30, 2005 05:07 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

feedback

Posted By Don Eberle

I am trying to input feedback from a purchase I made based on a wanted ad I posted. I cant seem to find the link to let me input feedback to the seller. Did my marking my ad as sold already preclude me from entering feedback, or what ma I doing wrong?? Any suggestions??

June 7, 2009 02:29 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

PayPal Fee changes

Posted By Don Eberle

Not sure what forum to post this in, but it looks like Paypal has changed their fee structure effective 6/3/09. Here is what I found on the PP Website:

"Section 8 of the user agreement will read as follows:
8. Fees. All fees are in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated.

Fees depend on whether you are making a commercial transaction or a personal transaction. A commercial transaction involves buying and selling goods or services, and payments received when you send a “request money” using PayPal. A personal transaction involves sending money to and receiving money from friends and family without making a purchase.

Personal Transactions. Fees depend on the payment source that the sender selects. The amount of the fee will be shown at the time the payment is sent. The Fee is paid by either the sender or the recipient. The sender decides who pays."

With my personal PP acct, I could receive a PP acct balance transfer for a sale and not get an immediate fee deduction, but that is not the case any more. I dont know if a personal PP acct has any benefits now going forward.

January 1, 2014 12:03 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

USPS Lost the shipment

Posted By Don Eberle

Unfortunately, on a recent Astromart sale, the USPS delivery confirmation reported "delivered" however the buyer said he did not receive the package. The buyer lives in an apartment complex, so I am hoping for now that if the item was mis-delivered, or if the wrong person accidentally picked up the package, it will make its way back to the rightful recipient soon. Fortunately the undelivered item is relatively inexpensive. This situation (either non performance by USPS or maybe a theft by someone else??) is the first time this has occurred to me in over 150 AM purchases and sales.

My question is, assuming the package never shows up, is this the buyer's loss??? Is it appropriate for me to say that based on the USPS delivery confirmation I completely fulfilled my obligation? Or should I give the buyer a partial refund and share the loss with him??? What would you do??

Thanks for any opinions or similar experiences you can offer.

Best Regards,
Don

December 28, 2004 07:40 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

DSLR of Comet Machholz

Posted By Don Eberle

great photo!! smile smile thanks for posting.

April 10, 2018 10:59 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Don Eberle

I have been browsing thru the new website format for about 30 minutes now, I think I like it.

April 15, 2018 06:56 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Copy & Paste to new ad

Posted By Don Eberle

Good information great to know.