New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ansuman Pal

February 1, 2005 01:33 PM Forum: Mounts

Equatorial Mount for 8-12 inch Newtonian

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hello All,

I have a small question. I thought it will be easy for me to figure it out but still lost!!

I am looking for an Equatorial Mount for my upcoming 8inch Newtonian (f/7) telescope. Also, I may be making 12inch Newtonian (f/5) in near future and would definitely use the same mount. I also understand the telescope may be quite big for the average mounts.
I will appreciate any suggestions from the forum community. smile

Thank you,
Ansuman.

February 7, 2005 04:41 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Astronomy Software With Updates

Posted By Ansuman Pal

I am looking for a Astronomy Software “Planetarium/Sky Simulation” that can be updated with available recent celestial data, almost similar to Operating System Updates or, Anti Virus Live Update. I do not want to be stuck by the data that’s been compiled at the time of the Software Release.

Any suggestions!

October 24, 2005 05:42 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Need Observatory Design

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,

Planning to build a semi-functional observatory next to an existing deck (south). No plans yet! As per the local laws, I may need to get a permit for any construction having floor higher than 36 inches above ground (existing Deck is about 44-48 inches from ground). With the money on hand I cannot afford to have manufactured unit such as from PierTech, etc. (they are nice no doubt).
Some of the things to consider are as follows:
1. Budget (yet to be decided, heating cost is high)
2. Has to be one person job, so no completion time set yet. Only mode of help is from the Web Community
3. A lot of wet snow from Lake Erie
4. Stability on wind gusts, can go around to 80miles/hr
5. Tripod is fine but looking to have more stable pier
6. Can try new innovative design if average Joe design fails and as long as it satisfies the above 5

I think it may be too much to ask for but there are NO BAD suggestions.

Thank you in Advance,

Ansuman

October 26, 2005 01:49 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

G11 GOTO Vs. Non GOTO (Tracking & Load)

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,
What the difference between G11 GOTO & Non GOTO with respect to Tracking & Load?

Thank you all,
Ansu.

November 1, 2005 03:15 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Faster Newtonian F/3-3.5

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi Everyone,
Has any one tried to make a fast Newtonian scope Mirror?

I was looking for a project and to make a faster scope for the Winter 2005 may be a good idea!
Any special considerations/things to know please smile grin
(Already have a 8in f/5.5 scope)

-Ansu

January 8, 2006 06:11 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Ground vibration!

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,

I have one little question, may have been answered in this forum.
How to stabilize Pier when the ground brings vibration?

I live in an area, close to railway tracks, about 1/4 mile and also 200 ft from somewhat busy road.

As, the soil is sandy, upon using tripod, I hardly get the vibration up to the scope. But if I am on the driveway (concrete), it’s gets nasty.

I was planning to make a permanent pier, but after all the recent results, doubt the heavy Concrete base of the pier will be stable if vibrations are from the ground itself.

Any suggestions please!

Thank you all,
Ansuman.

February 20, 2006 12:26 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Just a thought!

Posted By Ansuman Pal

I have an idea or, may be a question, don't know if any one has tried it.

Can we lift and setup a Heavy OTA using Engine Crane?

Again, just a thought!

-Ansu

May 30, 2006 03:30 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Dual Use Focuser

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,
Looking to replace Current Focuser from CN-8 OTA & also use in future LX200 OTA. Long Story short, looking for a good focuser that can replace existing Celestron installed R&P and can also be used with little modification for my future LX200 OTA (10/12in).

Thank you in Advance,
Ansuman.

June 2, 2006 03:24 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

DSLR general purpose and astrophotography

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,

Looking for a DSLR for my wife and myself for general purpose to astro-photographic usage.
As our budget is not unlimited, choices are limited.
Currently we own Minolta Maxxum 7000, HTSI Plus with 50mm, 28-80, 70-300mm lenses and other associated accessories.
Please help us in making judgmental.

Thank you in advance,
Mary & Ansuman

June 17, 2006 02:21 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Coarse image from MX516 using MaxImDL

Posted By Ansuman Pal

Hi All,
Looking for some help from the Users of MX5/516 and MaxImDL. Sometime ago, I was using Pix_M5
as primary software for acquiring images from MX516 (parallel, Faster) camera and all looked good. I downloaded demo version of MaxImDL 4.0 and started seeing something strange. Any long exposure longer that 1sec gives me a very rough, coarse image. If I take a dark frame I discover more noise than what I used to get while using Pix_M5.
Any idea, please.

Thank you, Ansuman.