Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david elosser

September 12, 2007 10:13 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Treehopper?

Posted By david elosser

I thought grasshoppers hopped around in the grass?
David E

September 28, 2007 11:49 AM Forum: Politics

The truth about our credit card debt

Posted By david elosser

I have always believed that the citizens of this nation are far more responsible with their lives than the national media wants us to believe.
tinyurl.com/33zrut

David E

November 17, 2007 11:04 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Re: HK mystery optics

Posted By david elosser

Sweet Andy! smile I'll be looking forward to reading how it performs.

David E

November 26, 2007 02:17 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Taking the plunge

Posted By david elosser

Hi everyone,
I never had any real interest in making my own telescope, and still don't really. But I've had something dumped in my lap. My brother-in-law, who works at Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute in North Carolina, knows someone who has been making his own telescopes since he was a teenager. That was around 1930! To make a long story short, at age 89 he is moving from NC back to New England to be with his family, and he had a bunch of his old ATM stuff that he did not want to take with him. Would I be interested in taking it off his hands? YOU BET! Among the boxes and boxes of goodies, I have enough parts to build my first Dobsonian telescope: a fully polished and silvered 6" mirror, a 4' steel optical tube with predrilled holes, focusers and mirror blanks. What I need now is some ideas on good books for beginner ATM, especially ones with instructions about building Dobs. I'll need to buy and make a few telescope parts, and hope to get this one started this Spring. Thanks for the help.

David E

November 29, 2007 01:39 AM Forum: Sports

Some to think about

Posted By david elosser

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7499442?MSNHPHCP>1=10637

December 10, 2007 11:04 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

New Canon Digital Rebel

Posted By david elosser

Hi, Here is a photo from the first download taken with my brand new Canon Digital Rebel. I played around with the software for "dramatic" effect. Photo was taken at ISO 800 with the lens that comes with the camera.
David E

December 23, 2007 11:19 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Today's feeding frenzy

Posted By david elosser

Hi everyone.
It was heavily overcast and damp today, but I think these pictures came out pretty good. Taken with a Canon Digital Rebel at IOS800 through my patio door. The Red-Brested Nuthatch is a first time spot for me.

January 5, 2008 04:20 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Tufted Titmouse

Posted By david elosser

Still learning the ropes with my new Canon Digital Rebel. Here's one from today, shot at ISO 400.

David E

January 19, 2008 01:09 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Sparrow

Posted By david elosser

I love the colors of the White-Throated Sparrow. I believe this is the White-Striped Form. I think he bit off more than he could chew with that sunflower seed. He kept rolling it around in his mouth and I don't know if he ever got it open.

David E

January 26, 2008 04:53 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

JACKPOT!

Posted By david elosser

Taken with Canon Digital Rebel.

David E