My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david elosser

July 24, 2010 11:55 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Toyota and Driver Error

Posted By david elosser

I remember about 15 years ago the media was trying to blame Lexus for making cars with the exact same "defect." I believe it was a 60 minutes CBS show. They spent the entire segment trying to "prove" that Lexus had faulty cars causing accidents. They went thought a lot of contortions, including rigging the cruise control and showing the excelerator pedal going in "on its own." It later turned out to be the exact same thing: drivers mistakenly stepping on the excelerator pedal thinking it was the brake pedal.

David E

July 28, 2010 07:43 PM Forum: Politics

You won't see this on Rachel Maddow...

Posted By david elosser

And what did anyone expect? Since when do the liberals ever use their own money to pay for something?

David E

July 28, 2010 07:53 PM Forum: Politics

Sharron Angle

Posted By david elosser

Those are all good questions but I'd frame them in a way that shows respect. wink

For the record: I do think BP is being unfairly demonized. That company is made up of tens of thousands of hard working people like you and me. They provide the world a good product for a good price. (Upper management of course, might be a different story...) And yeah, I'd like to see the DOE disbanded. They sponge tens of billions of tax dollars from us every year and they've never educated a single person. Too bad Reagan couldn't disband it like he wanted, just think of all the tax dollars we'd have saved. I would also like to allow people now entering the work force to have a choice between Social Security which gives you pennies back on your dollar 45 years later, or set up their own retirement package perhaps in part funded with public money. These are all pipe dreams though.

David E

August 4, 2010 06:49 PM Forum: Politics

Obama calls Spain racists

Posted By david elosser

Sorry, not wanting to insult President Obama, I should have pointed out that the quote would correctly read: "racist prejudices could lead to the arrest of Mongrel-Americans who travel to Spain,"

Thank you.
grin
David E

August 12, 2010 10:13 PM Forum: Politics

Student Loan Program

Posted By david elosser

If you know anything about Obama you have the answer already yourself. :S

David E

September 1, 2010 06:09 PM Forum: Politics

When is enough ENOUGH!

Posted By david elosser

I guess you were a bit irritated when you wrote that post. wink I assume you mean this:
http://moneymorning.com/2010/01/27/retirement-plans/

Well, that's nothing compared to what was bandied about a few years ago, which was nothing short of a complete takeover of our 401K's. There's trillions of dollars in 401K's and IRA's and such, and the liberals in our government just can't stand it that they can't get their greedy little hands on it. (IIRC, Jesse Jackson once tried to promote a 25% "surcharge" on all retirement funds. His plan was to get the money when you contributed to it.) We cannot ever let our guard down with these people. Health care reform is a case in point, which was really one huge $300+ billion dollar tax increase in disguise.

David E

October 13, 2010 12:17 AM Forum: Politics

Angle on a roll...

Posted By david elosser

Sean Hannity played Harry Reid's latest campaign ad on his show today:
http://www.hannity.com/videos/?uri=channels/400391/1043154

My wife and I wondered if this is a real ad or a spoof from Saturday Night Live...

David E

October 15, 2010 11:53 PM Forum: Politics

What's your best quote this year?

Posted By david elosser

FROM UPI: WASHINGTON, March 3 (2009) (UPI) -- Shovels already are hitting the ground in just the two weeks since the $787 billion stimulus package was signed, U.S. President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

"(T)here's no such thing as shovel-ready projects."
-Obama, October 13th 2010

October 19, 2010 11:27 PM Forum: Politics

Tax Cuts

Posted By david elosser

Mike Strieber said:
Somebody tell me how extending the tax cuts will be paid for; because no Republican in the House or Senate can tell me.
Mike

Tax cuts? What tax cuts are you talking about? I'm not aware of any tax cuts being proposed... unless you call giving the seasoned citizens another $250 a year a "tax cut" like Obama does.

David E

October 21, 2010 10:23 PM Forum: Politics

Juan Williams

Posted By david elosser

I love it when liberals get a taste of their own medicine! grin

And of course revenge is oh so sweet...
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/juan-williams-signs-new-contract-at-fox-news/

David E