My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david elosser

November 1, 2010 07:35 PM Forum: Politics

A MSM Balanced Panel

Posted By david elosser

Yep, sounds fair and balanced to me. George Will's intellect is about equal to all the others combined. wink

David E

November 5, 2010 10:20 PM Forum: Politics

Justice for OlberWOmann...

Posted By david elosser

Personally, I don't think it's right. He should be able to donate to any political figure or party he wants just like everybody else can. From what I read he did not give over the legal limit or violate any campaign laws.

There's speculation that PMSNBC was indeed cleaning house and wanted to find a reason to can him, but his suspension is labeled as "indefinate" rather than permanent. Besides, since when does low ratings mean anything to liberal talk show hosts? They ALL have low ratings. I mean, sure his ratings sucked but compared to most other liberals he was actually doing quite good. Back on October 26th, he rated 1.19 million which compared to the moderate and conservative hosts might be considered sucky. But he still did better than Maddow, O'Donnell, Schultz, (all three also of MSNBC), CNN's Grace, Hardball's Matthews, CNN's Cooper and King, and the queen of the gutter ratings CNN's Behar. Another way of looking at this, he's got about half the ratings of Fox's Beck and that ought to count for something. shocked

David E
(Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Olberman fan, that is I don't watch him and have no desire to watch him. It's just that something doesn't look quite right about all this to me.)

November 14, 2010 11:13 PM Forum: Politics

GWB - President of the Century?

Posted By david elosser

grin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/us-politics/8131268/The-Decider-returns-to-haunt-Mr-Nuance-as-George-W.-Bush-eclipses-Barack-Obama.html

"The 43rd and 44th American presidents are a study in contrasts, but the link between them is symbiotic, argues Toby Harnden. There could have been no Obama without Bush, and only Obama's stumbles could have made Bush look good again so quickly." grin grin

"Whereas Obama was glum, wondering aloud whether 9.6 per cent unemployment might be "the new normal" and griping that as US president "you're held responsible for everything but you don't always have control of everything", Bush used his interviews to display an almost giddy insouciance...On the Oprah Winfrey Show, Bush charmed the woman who had proclaimed Obama as "the One" and hailed his "tongue dipped in unvarnished truth" in Iowa back in 2007. grin grin grin

David E

December 2, 2010 12:55 AM Forum: Politics

The Taliban are going to love this...

Posted By david elosser

I think I saw one of those in an Arnold Schwartzenegger movie. wink

David E

December 4, 2010 12:30 PM Forum: Politics

I'm Not Impressed

Posted By david elosser

I'm not impressed either, especially with polling data I've heard about that the majority of Muslims support world-wide Sharia law. I'm not really an alarmist type but I really feel that the Islamic terrorist threat is deeper and more dangerous than most of us realize.

David E

December 10, 2010 08:11 PM Forum: Politics

The new deal

Posted By david elosser

Michael Koons said:
Allow Hedge fund managers to pay less income tax than a plumber
Mike >sad

What evidence do you have to support that statement? Unless you are saying that some plumbers make more money than some hedge fund managers, which could be true.

David E

December 10, 2010 10:24 PM Forum: Politics

Noonan hits the nail again...

Posted By david elosser

I saw where numerous Dems were calling him the F word, or at least using it in reference to him. I've never seen so blatant display of racism in my life.

David E

December 13, 2010 10:51 PM Forum: Politics

OBumer care ruled unconstitutional!

Posted By david elosser

As we rednecks say here in the South:
AH OOO AH OOO AH OOO AH!
grin

David E

December 15, 2010 06:22 PM Forum: Politics

Top Ten Covered-up/Under Reported for 2009

Posted By david elosser

Under-reported and covered up in the mainstream liberal media, yes, but the alternative media I think covered all those topics quite well. I don't spend much time in the Global Warming forum here but it's rather clear to me that many there have completely ignored the European Climate-Gate as well as our own little climate-gates with NASA and Goddard.

Actually, the TEA Party movement was well covered by the MSM, as long as they are impuning it and calling them racists, biggots and criminally dangerous.

Probably one to add to the 2010 list is the Democrats in Washington dropping the F-bomb on Obama after the Bush Tax-Cut deal he made with the Republicans. If Republicans in Washington had done this...

David E

December 29, 2010 05:22 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Napolitano to Begin Battling Climate Change

Posted By david elosser

Janet Incompetano. :S

This is what happens when you put incompentent liberals in control of our government. Even if man-made global warming were not a hoax, it has nothing to do with national security. What does have something to do with our national security is the fact that we are buying a large portion of our oil from countries that are directly or indirectly supporting Islamic terrorism. All of it oil that we could produce ourselves on our own back yard.

David E