My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david elosser

April 14, 2011 09:34 AM Forum: Politics

PC nonsense

Posted By david elosser

I heard on the news that the TSA claimed the agent did nothing "inappropriate." So this is what the Obama administration has taken us to- it is now appropriate to pat down little girls.

The most dangerous person in America, according to Janet Napolitano:

April 27, 2011 02:16 PM Forum: Politics

Obama releases long-form BC

Posted By david elosser

John Agnew said:
This is too bad for the Democrats, because it made a large portion of the Republican party and the Tea Party look pretty foolish...a major advantage for the Dems in gaining the moderate vote in the next election.

From what I've seen in the news and the polls lately, I have the opposite opinion. The public was clearly getting more and more suspicious of Obama. Obama was hoping for a political gain but it backfired: he had to release the BC now.

David E

May 23, 2011 09:36 PM Forum: Politics

2 Pictures Worth 2000 Words

Posted By david elosser

Yep. Marlin Brando and Bill Cosby.

David E
grin

June 6, 2011 04:27 PM Forum: Politics

"Liberty Defined" by Ron Paul

Posted By david elosser

Darian Rachal said:
One interesting point he made is regarding the fall of the Soviet Union. It seems that after that occurred it was necessary to find some "enemy" in order for the US to remain in a 'perpetual state of war'. :S

I'm not sure I would follow that. Fact is, many liberals, especially liberals in Washington, the media, and the entertainment industry, consider the U.S. to be the enemy.

David E

June 26, 2011 07:25 PM Forum: Politics

Bachman:Hypocrisy in Motion

Posted By david elosser

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying MB took money in the form of public assistance that she wasn't entitled to and had to pay it back?

David E

June 29, 2011 04:57 PM Forum: Politics

Censorship!

Posted By david elosser

Not neccessarily the worst, but I do regard state nanny-ism as a bit of an evil. However, I don't regard the California law as "nanny-ism" but rather as protecting our children. As adults, we shield our children from a number of activities and exposures until we deem them old enough to handle the responsibilities on their own. Sometimes outside pressures go beyond the scope of parental control and I do believe at some point it is the responsibility of our government to step in for the protection of our children. "Rights" and "license" are two different things. Our children certainly have the right to read or engage in games on the computer, they do not have the license to read and play whatever they want if they are not old or mature enought to handle the potential responsibilities of engaging in such activities.

David E

August 7, 2011 10:31 PM Forum: Politics

Another Stimulus Package Coming

Posted By david elosser

Rod Kaufman said:

Obama will unveil the following stimulus:
1. Payroll tax cut
2. Extension of unemployment insurance benefits
3. Creation of an infrastructure bank to fund construction projects
4. Job initiatives targeting specific groups such as veterans.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-mcmanus-column-obama-unemployme20110807,0,7449126.column
And the GOP plan? Oh yeah, cut spending and everything else will take care of itself...

This is a joke, right?
1. Been there, done that, didn't work
2. Has absolutely nothing to do with stimulating the economy (if that were the case, unemployment in North Carolina would be 4% by now.)
3. Yeah, right, another wasteful government bureaucracy. I guess Obama didn't know that banks already loan money for construction projects (and China loaned Obama trillions for his shovel-ready projects. We all know how well that worked.)
4. So the all-seeing all-knowing all-wise all-powerful Obama knows exactly what jobs are needed where and who is there to fill them.

Actually the original GOP plan was cut, cap and balance. Not just cut. There are at least two other GOP plans like the Penny plan, similar to the original GOP plan that balanced the budget during the Clinton administration.

David E

August 8, 2011 02:43 PM Forum: Politics

The Entitled

Posted By david elosser

Lee Spain said:

Entitlement Programs:
1. Military Retirees
2. Federal Retirees
3. People who paid into a system through taxes (Social Security, Medicare, etc.)
4. People who have a bona fide disability or handicap.
5. Kids who have poor parents.
6. Parents who have kids and no means to support them.

How would you add to this list, sort this list, and cut people off of this list?
1. Keep it, we have a moral obligation to provide for the people who sacrifice to defend us.
2.Keep, but they should have the same benefits as private sector retirees, no more.
3.Keep it, but I believe that the younger gen should be able to opt out if they want. Especially Medicare. Who the hell would buy any health insurance policy where you couldn't collect benefits for 45 years?
4. Absolutely, help those who are incapable of helping themselves.
5 and 6. Often times these are people who can take care of themselves, but sometimes need a boost when they come upon hard times. Family, neighbors and churches should play the predominant role here, with government a minor role.

David E

August 11, 2011 03:00 PM Forum: Politics

Meet Our New President

Posted By david elosser

Hmmm, since when is it controversial for a man to pray? I garrandamtee you 6 million have been praying for jobs for the past two and a half years. I'm praying that Honda will open up their new private jet factory in my area if Obama and Reid will just keep their derned mouths shut about criticizing people who make a little more money than they do. And I'm praying that our customers that are behind on their payments to us will find enough business to pay their bills so I can keep my job. We've had enough of hope and change. We now need prayers and miracles. Go Perry!

David E

August 16, 2011 04:55 PM Forum: Politics

Perry President Defines Treason

Posted By david elosser

Rod Kaufman said:
Texas leads the way with minimum wage jobs with no benefits...

This is actually good news as much of these jobs are entry level jobs for youth and students. This category has been one of the hardest hit during the Obama recession. For example, this from the BLS: "From April to July 2010, the number of employed youth 16 to 24 years old rose by 1.8 million to 18.6 million, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported..." http://www.bls.gov/news.release/youth.nr0.htm
Rod, no job should ever be derided or demeaned. Any job can be a stepping stone to a better one. A strong base of entry-level jobs in Texas has contributed to Texas's strong economy.

David E