My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david elosser

October 21, 2011 01:17 AM Forum: Politics

The triumph of Green Technolgy Supporters

Posted By david elosser

I was wondering when this would happen, as windmill farms kill hundreds, even thousands of birds every year. Exxon paid over half a million dollars because 85 birds were killed coming in contact with oil or other contaminants on Exxon's own property. It is estimated that one windmill farm in California kills 80 Golden Eagles every year on average. The exact number of feathered casualties across the nation is unknown, but the American Bird Conservancy estimates that U.S. wind turbines kill between 75,000 and 275,000 birds per year. This carnage is, of course, politically correct so it goes unpunished. To my knowledge that windmill farm in California, the Mecca of environmentalist wack-o-ism, has paid nothing to date.

David E

October 22, 2011 08:42 PM Forum: Politics

Herman Cain is Pro Choice. Video evidence.

Posted By david elosser

David Cotterell said:

http://wonkette.com/455026/raging-feminist-herman-cain-is-your-new-pro-choice-gop-candidate

From his own mouth Cain insists the government has no place in the social decisions of families. Cain, although anti-abortion personally, makes it very clear that his personal opinions should not be translated into public policy.

Dave

I think that's a good idea in theory, but in practice every president (at least in my lifetime) has had their domestic and even foreign policies influenced at least somewhat by their personal views on abortion. I don't think Herman Cain would be any different in office even though he may think so. The fact that he is anti-abortion personally is a plus in his column for me. grin

David E

November 15, 2011 08:53 PM Forum: Politics

Kagan Must Recuse Herself on Obamacare Case

Posted By david elosser

Sorry David, these are liberals you're talking about. They make up the rules as they go along, like maybe they'll use the "Separation of Recusal and State" clause of the Constitution. wink

David E

November 17, 2011 11:09 PM Forum: Politics

Bad News for Boomers?

Posted By david elosser

I've mentioned this many times before here. You can take what you give the government in SS taxes (roughly 13 cents of every dollar you earn), invest it in a moderately conservative vehicle, and retire at the "real" retirement age with much more monthly income than the government will pay you in SS benefits. AND the money is YOURS TO KEEP.

David E

December 19, 2011 04:05 PM Forum: Politics

Korea

Posted By david elosser

Rod Kaufman said:

They're all hysterical because their tyrant died and the region is unstable. South Korea is on full alert. US troops on full alert. Oh please, the north Koreans aren't doing anything. They're too busy crying!

Tears of joy, I'm sure...until his son takes full power...

David E

December 26, 2011 03:50 PM Forum: Politics

My Wish For You

Posted By david elosser

Merry Christmas Everyone! grin

David E

January 4, 2012 06:03 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Situational Ethics

Posted By david elosser

Jim Brown said:
Nonetheless, consider one of God's most important commandments: Thou Shalt Not Kill.

On its face, this is not an ambiguous statement. No exceptions are included. Jim

I'm a bit late on this thread, and I havn't read the entire thread, but the Commandment you quoted has a bit of a mis-translation. A more accurate translation of the ancient Hebrew would be "tear apart the innocent," rather than simply "kill". Since someone trying to kill you is not really acting innocently, the Sixth Commandment would not be applicable. Would there be any example that killing the innocent should be allowed because of a "situational ethic?" I would think that the very definition of the innocent IS the very reason they should not be torn apart, regardless of the "situation".

David E

January 6, 2012 07:34 PM Forum: Politics

December Jobs Report

Posted By david elosser

Take a look at these graphs from the BLS in the links below. See what happend during the Bush years (first 8 years of the graphs) and the Obama years. Pay close attention to the middle two graphs, Employment and Unemployment.

The Northeast Region:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASRD91000006?data_tool=XGtable

The South Region:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASRD93000006?data_tool=XGtable

The Midwest Region:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASRD92000006?data_tool=XGtable

The Kaufman Region:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASRD94000006?data_tool=XGtable

David E

January 22, 2012 01:46 AM Forum: Politics

Newtists Prevail in SC

Posted By david elosser

Amazing, Ms Palin nearly endorses Newt on national TV, and overnight he goes from -14 to +2. grin

David E

January 25, 2012 10:20 AM Forum: Politics

State of the Union Speech

Posted By david elosser

You mean to say he hit one out of the golf course. As into the drink. wink

David E