My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: mike montreal

October 4, 2005 06:50 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

lost email of rob runyan( i think!)

Posted By mike montreal

hi, lost email address of a buyer of my laser pointer. his email address started like: runrob@ or something like that. his last name might be Runyan. if any one can help me i sure would appreciate it. thanks!!!

October 5, 2010 12:18 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

image too big error for upload of ad pic

Posted By mike montreal

tried to upload pic for an ad. came back with error that it was too big. how do you make it smaller? not too bright on this stuff so explain carefully. did the same thing on "cloudy nights" site and it was ok. thanks for any help!!

October 9, 2010 10:11 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

user friendly ccd

Posted By mike montreal

hi, not new here but after a couple of years of trying,about to give up. is there a ccd camera ( meade or others) that are user friendly to the NOVICE? I.E. centering the object with an e.p., removing it, attaching the camera, turning the camera on, and via software, voila! the pic is on the computer monitor, click a button, and there`s your picture. and then worry about enhancing the pic later. am i asking too much? ( btw, i`m using a lx200 8in. gps) thanks for any help!

October 15, 2016 01:55 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade ETX 125 OBSERVER

Posted By mike montreal

hello fellows!, its been a long, long time since i`ve been to the forum.
i used to spend all my time in my observatory w/ my lx200 some yrs back.

but due to work, kids and a sickness, i had to sell all my equipment.
since 2004 i have not done anything astronomy related at all.

times have changed, not sick or that busy any longer so i have decided to
get back into it again. to that end...i have begun looking at buying some equipment again.
no longer interested in getting another big bulky SCT for the observatory.

the above scope in my subject line has caught my eye.its new and i don`t know much about it
other than Meade`s web site. i still want to do some planetary imaging and some brighter deep sky
imaging and my budget wont allow for too much more that the price of this unit with trying
to put two kids thru more school.

anyone know much about this scope? any input would be much appreciated!

thanks!

October 19, 2017 04:22 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

meade 1247 elec focuser install man.

Posted By mike montreal

hello,

does anyone have a copy of the 1247 manual for the Meade ETX 125?
Being discontinued...i cant find this for the like of me!

i want to be sure i install the focuser correctly.
i also dont trust what i have read that the 1244 is just about the same.

if anyone has a copy that they can scan to my email i would greatly appreciate it.
(unless someone knows exactly where its at on the web)i looked for a couple of hrs tonight
for it and came up with zilch! i know its discontinued but i surely thought i find something.

anyhow...thanks!

April 23, 2019 04:06 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Lx200 gps maintenance (gps module)

Posted By mike montreal

hello,

looking for people very savvy about taking apart the lx200gps unit.

I have a 10in lx200gps model. I believe the module may need replaced. ( not sure just yet, I need to try/look at a couple of more things first)

anyhow, I am looking for detailed instructions on how to remove the fork arm cover so I can replace the gps module
if need be.

I looked on youtube. there was a few on the removal to adj/replace dec. gears or drive or something.

but no information or video on the replacement of the gps module

if someone here has replaced the module, could you please send me info of how your replaced it?

please reply to this thread or send me a pm.

thank you!