My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Frank Gelsdorf

June 18, 2003 06:45 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Re: Floaters

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

Using a binoviewer for higher magnifications while observing of the planets solved the problem for me (I have 50 year old eyes).

July 1, 2003 03:59 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars 6/29/03

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

This is my 1st try to image Mars with a webcam. Hope you like it.

Frank

December 29, 2003 01:13 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 12/26/03

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

Finally we got clear skies again in Vermont. Here is my 1st attempt at Saturn for this year: Toucam II, C14@f/26, about 250/1000 frames stacked in Registax; some processing in Photoshop (unsharp masking) and NeatImage (for noise reduction).

Happy new year

Frank

January 26, 2004 07:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Rosette Nebula with FS60C

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

Took this image last night: FS60C with reducer f4.4; 250min h-alpha filter ST10XME. Levels, curves and light unsharp masking in PS6.

Thanks for looking

Frank

June 14, 2004 05:28 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M16 H-alpha

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

Last weekend we had two very good nights in Vermont. This image of M16 was taken with a Celestron C14/SBIG ST-10 MXE binned 2x2. Total exposure time 60min, taken through a 6nm H-alpha filter. Image processing: CCDSoft, PS6, NeatImage.

Hope you like it

Frank

June 14, 2004 05:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M20

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

This image was taken last weekend with a C14/SBIG ST-10 MXE binned 2x2. Total exposure was 60 min through IR block filter (clear filter of CFW-8). Image processing in CCDSoft, PS6, NeatImage.

Hope you enjoy it

Frank

July 6, 2004 07:06 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Veil Nebula Mosaic FS60C H alpha

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

This image is a mosaic of 2 images taken last weekend. Equipment: Takahashi FS-60C@F4.4, SBIG ST-10XME, Schueler 6nm H alpha filter. Both images are (added) stacks of 11 unguided 10min exposures. Processing in Photoshop. The attached image is about 3.5x reduced in size compared to the original.

Hope you like it

Frank

July 6, 2007 09:56 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Exploradome users?

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

Hi

I am thinking about building a dome in my backyard and wonder if anyone on this forum has used the Exploradome for an observatory and would be willing to share his/her experiences

Thanks in advance

Frank Gelsdorf

March 25, 2008 06:43 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Dream Setup

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

I recently started to use some freeware (Sketchup and Kerkythea) for design and CGI. One of my 'learning projects' was this telescope setup. Pure computer simulation but i think it would make a nice rig.

Hope you might enjoy this

Frank

May 26, 2008 06:27 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Device server software?

Posted By Frank Gelsdorf

I wonder if anyone knows where I could find software to convert a PC into a device server. To be more specific: I want to station an older PC at the scope and then use its interfaces (USB, 1394, COM, LPT) via a network connection from another PC (preferably in a nice warm place in the house...). I would then run image capture and telescope control software on the client (the one in the warm room). I have tried the remote login method in WinXP; it works but it limits the performance to the level of the PC at the scope.

Thanks in advance

Frank