My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Andreas Saldivar

March 31, 2007 01:37 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn and Moons 3-25-07

Posted By Andreas Saldivar

This is the first shot I've posted here. I have looked at a number of the shots everyone else has posted and have been impressed and amazed.

This shot is actually a composite of two shots taken 3 minutes apart and has 3 layers.

The first shot, layer 1, is of Saturn, it is a stack of 750 frames at f/25.
In the second shot makes up layer 2 and 3. I increased the gain, overexposing Saturn, to capture the moons. Layer 2 is stack of about 100 frames to image the brighter moons and to keep them smaller points of light. Layer 3 was a stack of 1200 frames to get Mimas. I put the whole thing together using Registax 4 and Photoshop 7.

My scope is a Celestron Nexstar 8 and the camera was a Celestron Neximage.

Andreas

April 2, 2007 08:06 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Definately Saturn Season

This shot is from tonight, April 2. Seeing was pretty good as was transparency. It is a stack of 390 frames. It is taken with a Celetron Nexstar 8" and a Celestron Neximage in RAW mode. Processing was in Registax and Photoshop. This is close to about as good as I can get with this setup.

Andreas

April 4, 2007 02:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Theophilus and Cyrillus

I took this shot on March 25. Theophilus is the large crater in the center and Cyrillus is to the right. Below Theophilus is a small dark halo crater named Beaumont L that is about 2 miles in diameter. The image was taken with my 8" SCT and a Celestron Neximage Webcam. It is a stack of 250 frames. The processing was done with Registax 4 and Photoshop 7. I over did it a little with Photoshop as I think the shot looks a little harsh. The following link is to 1963 US Air Force Lunar charts that are quite detailed.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/mapcatalog/LAC/

Andreas

April 9, 2007 07:43 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn, First time using Maxim DL

Last night I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Maxim DL. I followed the tutorial in the January Sky and Telescope on processing planetary images. I tried it with a Saturn shot I took on April 2, 2007. The software was easy to use and I'm pleased with the result. I don't know if I'll pay the $200+ and the end of the trial yet, but I might.

This is a stack of 518 frames taken at f/25 with a Celestron Nexstar 8 and a Celestron Neximage. The shot has been enlarged 1.5x.

Andreas

April 15, 2007 08:32 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn and 6 moons

This image is a composite of 3 layers from shots I took on April 2. Layer 1, Saturn, is a stack of 518 frames.

The moons where imaged by increasing the gain on my next Avi. This overexposed Saturn but showed the moons.

Layer 2 is stack of 300 frames. I used multipoint, with one box around Saturn and one around Titan. This kept the moons fairly small points of light. I used this layer for all the moons except Mimas.

Layer 3 is a stack of 1000 frames from the same Avi. I used this to image Mimas.

I put it all together using Photoshop 7.

Andreas

April 21, 2007 11:51 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Venus April 20

I tried to see if I could image some cloud details using a blue 80a and a IR filter. Venus came out alright but I didn't get any cloud detail.

This shot is a stack of 300 frames shot with a Neximage and a Nexstar 8" at f/20. The shot is 150% size.

Andreas

April 21, 2007 11:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn, April 20

The sky was steady off and on last night. I took 8 AVIs of Saturn. This one is the best. It is 500 frames at f/25, shot with a Neximage and a Nexstar 8"

Andreas

April 21, 2007 12:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moon and Venus, April 20

I recently got a new camera after loosing my other one by leaving on the trunk of my car after shooting last months lunar eclipse. This was shot with a Canon Powershot A540.

This was shot from my driveway at ISO 200, f4.0, 4 seconds.

Andreas

May 9, 2007 07:08 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

First Saturn with new CPC 1100

I got a new Celestron CPC 1100 last week. Last night I got my first chance to image Saturn. This shot is a stack of 400 frames taken with a Celestron Neximage. Sky conditions where not the best. Here is the result.

Andreas

May 26, 2007 01:08 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Ptolemaeus

I took these four shots on May 24. I used a CPC 1100 and a neximage camera. Each shot is stack of 200 frames.

Andreas