My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Van Tiem

March 3, 2003 06:46 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Need help on Celestron 9.25 SCT

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I have been thinking of purchasing the C 9.25 SCT I read the review on Cloudy Nights for the C9.25 SCT. The part that is holding me back from purchasing a C9.25 is the statement that the auther made (But on soso nights I don't bother with the C9.25 at all as the 120mm blows it out of the water).Now my qustion is what kind or performace will the C9.25 do on the average night? I would appreciate any input you have.
I live Just outside of Milwaukee WI my skys are at best Mag 4 and must of the time they are Mag 2. I would like to use the C9.25 mostly form my backyard.
Mark Van Tiem

March 13, 2003 06:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

How to do collation on a C9.25

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I have order a C9.25 SCT this will be my first exposure to a schidt-cassegrain telescope.I am looking for your input on what would be a good place to get a start on the understanding for the collimation of the C9.25 telescope. Do your have any names of good books ,web sights,ect. on this subject?
Thank you
Mark Van Tiem

March 15, 2003 07:08 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What is a good diagonal and guide for a C9.25?

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

Looking for your suggestions on equipping my new C9.25 with good quality daigonal and guide scope.Also do I need a SCT daigonal and what is the differents between a SCT daigonal an a regular daigonal.
Thanks
Mark

March 24, 2003 06:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Looking for dimensions for stainless steel weight

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I would like to have the dimensions for stainless steel counter weights in the ranger of 9&10 lbs wieghts that would work on the losmandy GM 8 mount.I want to machine a set of weights for myself and the measurement would save me alot time.
Thank You
Mark Van Tiem

December 4, 2003 11:28 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

DM- 6 mount in the real world ( DiscMount Inc. )

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I am thinking of purchasing this mount and would like to here some input on the DM-6 (DiscMountInc.) mount good or bad. I saw the review on Cloudy Night Telescope about this mount but I still would like your input.
Mark

April 9, 2004 05:40 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What will it look like ?

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I am looking for some web links that will show what diffrent size scope can resolve for there aperture.
Thanks for any help you can pass on.
Mark

May 8, 2004 12:38 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

What do you think of add #269667 ?

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

just my 2 cents but I wish Astromart would band things like this.

July 22, 2004 03:02 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Looking for Recommendation on night vision flashli

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

I am looking for some recommendations for a new night vision flashlight I currently have a Celestron nine volt two red LED flashlight all though it does work well I just don’t like the adjustable switch. I find it hard to turn the on / off switch on the flashlight and impossible to do with glove on. I would appreciate any insight you have on this subject.

Mark Van Tiem

August 16, 2004 03:04 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How to insert pics on Astromart ?

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

Could someone help me with inserting image on Astromart classified. I wanted to post add with some images but could not figure out how to do it.I tried using the Insert Image Icon but when the part comes up to enter URL of the images. I hate say it but I am lost at that point. My computer is a Dell pentium 4 with MS XP home edition and I have AOL as ISP.
Thanks for any help you pass on Mark

August 20, 2005 09:12 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

False color with a TV-85 scope

Posted By Mark Van Tiem

My question is at what magnification do you start to see false with a well collimated TV 85 scope on bright star like Vega.
Mark