New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: itz marcus

April 14, 2005 03:55 AM Forum: After Dark

meade quality

Posted By itz marcus

hi
I bought an etx 105 at about 15 weeks ago. Out of those 15 weeks I've had it for about three weeks. (i'm returning it tomorrow for the third time. I just got it back yesterday (april 12 after 3 weeks) only to find it returned with a chipped corrector plate at the very edge. It took a while for me to get a customer sevice rep without an attitude. I finally found one (Collete) with whom I could talk. They threw in a free focuser which was nice. What is bothering me is that I don't want any extras I just want to enjoy the skies and my scope. Is there anything that can be done?(it takes forever to get a live person on the phone) At this point if there was an option to return the scope I would. I told this to them the second time I returned the scope and it still came back damaged.
clear skies

October 11, 2005 01:58 PM Forum: After Dark

optics testing

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Is there anywhere to go to have telescope optics tested and collimated at an affordable price? I have an etx 105 uhtc. I am aware of dr sherrod but there is a wait and I have some budgetary constraints.
Thanx alot out there

October 11, 2005 02:03 PM Forum: After Dark

views from an etx 105 uhtc

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I've seen claims of seeing the cassini division through an etx 90 using the 26mm plossl. I can barely make it out using a 7 mm u.o. ortho in my 105 (210x). I live in a light polluted area and I know the angle of the rings ain't that great. Are the claims about the etx 90 outragious, or is there something wrong with my optics?

January 31, 2006 06:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion 100mm ed vs etx 105 uhtc

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Has anyone tried the orion 100 mm ed apo? I have an etx 105 supercharged by doc clay. I was wondering if anyone compared the 105 to the apo. Are the views better in the apo or should I stick with the etx which I realy do like?

February 1, 2006 01:25 AM Forum: After Dark

star parties

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I live in brooklyn new york can anyone tell me where to find a star party within 100 miles that isn't held on a Friday night?
Thanx a billion

February 1, 2006 07:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

etx 105

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I have an etx 105 uhtc it's been supercharged by doc clay I really like the scope but I might want to upgrade to an apo which will necesitate selling the etx. It's in very good condition. It would be with the tripod(884) and the 26 mm sp from meade.It is 1 years old. Can anyone give me an approximation as to what I can get for the etx.

February 2, 2006 01:17 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion 100mm ed

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how the Orion 100 mm ed does on dso's? I know it's great on planets but will galaxian structure be visible? I know it won't look like the pictures but in the etx 105 galaxies, even Andromeda, looked like fuzz balls.
I know that the etx is collimated well and that the optics are 1/8 wave as it was supercharged by Dr. Clay
Thanx

February 3, 2006 02:27 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

etx 105 trade

Posted By itz marcus

Hi
I have a one year old etx 105 uhtc supercharged by Dr. Sherrod this past November, plus two u.o. orthos (7mm and 18mm)a dew shield, a Meade shorty barlow and two Celestron sma's (10mm and 12mm)and a Meade 15mm qx. I would like to upgrade to an orion 100mm ed Skyview Pro. Does anyone think I'd be able to make an even trade between the two? The etx new is 875 plus the supercharge is a $255 value and the 100mm ed is a $1200 new. Or am I just in lala land
Thanx

February 11, 2006 11:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion 120mm svp(f8.3) vs orion100mm ed

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Has anyone looked through both the 100mm ed from orion and the 120 mm achromat from orion? Could you compare the two on bright objects. Also has anyone looked through the 120mm with a violet filter? If yes, how much does it improve the view. Can't afford the apo now that the etx is no longer for sale, but is it worth saving for or is the 120mm achro with a violet filter pretty close?
Thanx

February 13, 2006 01:10 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion 120mm svp with a chromacor

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I've just found out about something called a chromacor. I was told that it brings an achromat very close to an apo. Is this true? It is expensive but being that I can't afford an apo, I was wondering,"If I buy Orions 120mm svp (f8.3)or 120mm st(f5) now, for about $500, and then save until I can afford the chromacor, would I then have almost the equivalent to a 5 inch apo for about a 1/5 of the price or is there some obvious difference?
Thanx