New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: itz marcus

April 9, 2006 10:38 PM Forum: Refractors

Moon, Sirius and Jupiter thru 100mm ed

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Is it normal to see some slight color around Jupiter the moon (11 day moon), and sirius at 225x? Funny thing is that it only seems to be there when viewing at certain angles when I reposition my head the color basically goes away. Is it the scope the eyepiece... There was a bit of roiling on the moon visible only on the limb. If it's not normal, any ideas as to why mine shows color at that power?
Thanx

April 10, 2006 10:32 PM Forum: Refractors

12 day moon

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Am I correct in assuming that even in an apo a 12 day moon won't be nestled against a black background? I assime this because even naked eye there is an envelope of light around the moon, I therefore thought that this light scatter is normal.
The scope is a 100mm ed.
Thanx

April 16, 2006 10:02 AM Forum: Refractors

shaking sound from 100mm ed ota

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
It's the worry wort again. I noticed a sound when moving the ota upon investigating its source I noticed that when shaking the tube, a shaking sound comes from the objective side of the ota. The lens cell is tight. Any ideas ? Is it normal? If not, what could it be and what should I do about it?

April 20, 2006 07:26 PM Forum: Eyepieces

which barlow

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Any advice on which barlow to get?
I'm looking at a klee 2.8 or the celestron ultima.
What are the pros and cons of each. Also, if anyone has another suggestion please tell me about it. I can't spend more than $80.
Also, any reason why a shorty over a regular barlow?
Thanx
clear skies

April 23, 2006 02:53 PM Forum: Refractors

cheshire in a refractor

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to use a cheshire collimating ep on a refractor as the instructions only explain its use in reflectors.
Thanx

April 30, 2006 03:46 AM Forum: Refractors

ed 100

Posted By itz marcus

Ok, People have told me (on astromart forums as well as on cn ) to calm down my optics on the 100 ed sound good. I've been quiet for a while.
I just bought a klee 2.8 (used)there was real image break down at 252x (10mm sirius plossl + the klee)on both Saturn and Jupiter as well as color on stars.
It seemed like pretty good seeing and the skies were calm.
Is this normal? I've seen so many posts and reviews of people saying that they can easily push mag. to well over 300x. Collimation checks out fine with a cheshire(bigger black dot and little one totally merged. Does this warrent a trip back to Orion? Or am I just worrying once again?
sad or grin
Thanx

May 11, 2006 06:46 PM Forum: Refractors

optics test

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I know that my scope is a good one (ed100mm with very fine viewing at 225x consistently)
Out of curiosity I'd like to get it tested if it's not expensive. Does anyone know of such a place in the Brooklyn NY vicinty? (75-100 miles)

May 15, 2006 10:52 AM Forum: Refractors

What I'm seeing thru a 100mm ed

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I'm pretty sure my scope is fine (very pleasing views at225x consistantle)but
is anyone familiar with the following;is it normal to see a ring around brighter stars (no color) at low powers? The diameter of the ring is about the same diameter as the moon So it's not fringing the star but surrounding it at a little distance.It may be my ep as the sirius 25mm that I have is not a very good sample.
Around planets the planet is surrounded by a black background and then a little further out it is sort of like a whitish tinged background this is more visible at higher powers as I have seen this effect thru my etx 105 as well I assume that it's normal but would just like to make sure.
Thanx

May 15, 2006 10:53 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

What I'm seeing thru a 100mm ed

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I'm pretty sure my scope is fine (very pleasing views at225x consistantly)but
is anyone familiar with the following;is it normal to see a ring around brighter stars (no color) at low powers? The diameter of the ring is about the same diameter as the moon So it's not fringing the star but surrounding it at a little distance.It may be my ep as the sirius 25mm that I have is not a very good sample.
Around planets the planet is surrounded by a black background and then a little further out it is sort of like a whitish tinged background this is more visible at higher powers as I have seen this effect thru my etx 105 as well I assume that it's normal but would just like to make sure.
Thanx

May 22, 2006 04:41 PM Forum: Refractors

Lowest mag for seeing grs

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Just for fun! What was the lowest power in which you saw the grs in a refractor less than 105mm. Apo or Achro.
I saw it at 90x clearly with atmospheric turbulance. I will try at 75x tonight.
Clear skies