Captured by
Ron Masters

Spiky Spica

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: itz marcus

May 23, 2006 05:00 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

lowest mag for great red spot

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Just for fun! What was the lowest power in which you saw the grs in a refractor less than 105mm. Apo or Achro.
I saw it at 90x clearly with atmospheric turbulance. I will try at 75x tonight.
Clear skies

May 30, 2006 11:17 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

star test images

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Does anyone have actual star test images from a 100mm ed that they can post?
Thanx

May 30, 2006 11:18 AM Forum: Refractors

star test images

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Does anyone have actual star test images from a 100mm ed that they can post?
Thanx

June 21, 2006 11:02 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion customer service

Posted By itz marcus

Ok guys here it is. Orion has the BEST Customer service that there is. I sent back my scope under warranty and although it artificially star tested well they did agree that the way I was describing the contrast, and lack of black background there was a problem and they replaced my ota with one that they reinspected to make sure everything was ok.
They even shipped it to me fedex 3 day shipping instead of ground. EVERYONE I spoke to was as polite as can be.
BUY ORION
Itz

June 22, 2006 07:26 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

orion customer service

Posted By itz marcus

For all those considering buying a telescope.

Ok guys here it is. Orion has the BEST Customer service that there is. I sent back my scope under warranty and although it artificially star tested well they did agree that the way I was describing the contrast, and lack of black background there was a problem and they replaced my ota with one that they reinspected to make sure everything was ok.
They even shipped it to me fedex 3 day shipping instead of ground. EVERYONE I spoke to was as polite as can be.
BUY ORION
Itz

September 4, 2006 02:37 PM Forum: Refractors

double double

Posted By itz marcus

Hi Guys,
What was the lowest x in which you were able to split the double double thru a 4 inch scope. I achieved it last night under hazy skies due to light pollution etc. at 90x. It was just a hint and I don't think I would have noticed it had I not known what I was looking at but I definately did see it at 90x. At 44x (Stratus 21mm)I could't split it but couldn't get a pinpoint either, rather there were two elongated tiny tiny lines, perpendicular to each other (I think; it could have been my eyes playing tricks )
Itz

October 9, 2006 05:07 PM Forum: Refractors

ed 100 vs 127mm apo

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Pending several very good reviews on Meades new 127mm triplet I would definately take the plunge and buy it. This would neccesitate the sale of my DEAR Orion 100mm ed (something that I'm not happy about but would have no choice about) I have had very bad experiences with Meade QC and CS and would only consider a Meade from a dealer that stands behind every scope that they sell and provides CS similar to Orion (of the best there is!)
From the website, Company Seven seams to be such a dealer. Can anyone confirm that for me thru first hand experience or other threads that deal with this?
Also, the reason I would want to upgrade from the 100ed to the 127mm apo is for planetary resolution and it would allow me greater access to DSO's. Am I setting myself up for dissapointment or is this the correct move? Remember, I am not jumping! I won't purchase the 127mm or sell the 100 ed until some really solid solid reviews come out.
Thanx

October 11, 2006 07:39 PM Forum: Refractors

Ed 100 vs premium Apo's

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Has anyone done a direct comparison between the Ed 100 and say 4inch Taks, Televues, Stellarvues, WO's TMB's etc? How does the Ed100 hold up on solar system goodies? Are these premium Apo's worth the extra $1000 needed for a used OTA? I'm asking stictly about what reaches the eyeball NOT mechanics , finish, etc..
Thanx

October 19, 2006 09:40 AM Forum: Refractors

focusers

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I'm thinking of upgrading to a dual speed focuser. I see that some are sold with a baffled draw tube. How important is this feature for my scope which is an ed 100?
Itz

October 20, 2006 02:38 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

focusers with baffled draw tube

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I'm thinking of upgrading to a dual speed focuser. I see that some are sold with a baffled draw tube. How important is this feature for my scope which is an ed 100?
Itz