New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: itz marcus

January 22, 2009 06:01 PM Forum: Refractors

Trap a-e ?

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Does this make sense. I live in a crazy light polluted area and I can only set up in my backyard surrounded by chimneys etc. Anyway, sometimes I get "e" and most times I don't. Tonight using a 5mm UO volcano ortho (180x) I couldn't get "e" (even when my neighbors crazy automatic light went off ) with my Meade 5000 5.5 (163x) I had a hint of "e". Could it be that the higher hag of 180x dimmed "e" enoungh so as to make it not seeable whereas the 5.5 being at 163x allowed it to be bright enough to just make out?

January 25, 2009 10:39 AM Forum: Mounts

cg-5 sirius or lxd 75

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
The subject basically says it.
All have a capacity of 30 pounds but which is the better mount. The Sirius is way more expensive but is it better.
I'm a 99% visual user.
The scope to be mounted is an eon 120 ed
Thanx

January 25, 2009 11:10 AM Forum: Refractors

cg-5, sirius or lxd 75

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
The subject basically says it.
All have a capacity of 30 pounds but which is the better mount. The Sirius is way more expensive but is it better.
I'm a 99% visual user. The scope to be mounted is the eon 120 ed
Thanx

January 29, 2009 05:28 PM Forum: Refractors

Cold but the EON makes it warmer

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I hate the cold and I hate chimneys even more than that. However, in between thermals the views were great. I even bagged "E" in the trap. It took some time and patience but it was there. got a few doubles and had to call it a night (so far). i can't wait until Saturn rises high enough and until Jupiter starts being visible at night.
Clear chimneyless skies to all

February 9, 2009 02:18 PM Forum: Refractors

ca on venus and sirius but not on the moon

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Why do I have CA on Venus at say 225x (but none at 163x) and on Sirius I always have even at lower powers than 225x but I see absolutely ZERO ca on the moon even at rediculous powers? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Sirius being the least bright should exhibit the least ca followed by Venus and followed by the moon?
Clear Skies

February 24, 2009 02:01 PM Forum: Refractors

lulin

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
Did anyone get Lulin in a 4-5 inch refractor? What are the best powers to see it at and is it more impressive than comet Holmes (which I thought was not that great as far as comets go).
Clear skies
Itz

February 26, 2009 08:03 PM Forum: Refractors

What did I see in the EON 120

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I was looking at Saturn tonight and here is what I saw at 163x, 180x and 225x: The ring crossing the planet, a belt above it and one below the ring. These belts were subtle but were there. Is one on them the shadow of the rings or is that not visible at this time due to the ring position? If they are belts then this is the first time that I noticed two belts (one being above and one being below the ring)
Let me know!!
Thanx
Clear Skies to you guys (I know that we here in NYC are getting a few days of rain come tomorrow)

March 11, 2009 07:19 PM Forum: Refractors

Tv barlow or powermate in 120ed eon refractor

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I'm sure that this has been beaten to death but I can't seem to find the threads so here goes.
I have a 1.25 televue everbrite diag which I think is just fantastic. I would like to add som TV plossls but they only go down to 8mm. I was thinking of gettig the 25mm and the 11mm and when I want higher powers to use a 2x or 3x barlow/powermate (2x or 2.5x) which would work best for me. I am strictly visual and have 1.25 diagonal. Also, the tv barlows look long do they go before the diag with the diag inserted into it, or do they go into the diag. as do other barlows?
Thanx

March 17, 2009 07:40 PM Forum: Refractors

Saturn tonight in the 120 eon

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I just had an awesome time with Saturn.
When the smoke of the chimneys in the area weren't interfering I had beautiful crisp views and yes the rings are definately opening up. It is slight buth there was a clear rounding of the ring and the slightest of space in the curve of the ring. I wonder when the earliest possibility of catching Cassini in a 120 refractor will be?
Clear Skies

April 24, 2009 12:08 PM Forum: Refractors

Jupiter in the EON 120

Posted By itz marcus

Hi,
I got Jupiter this morning about a 1/2 hour after dawn (5:20 a.m.). It was quite light already but the planet was real nice. I saw three of the Gallilean moons and saw the fourth one as a shadow transit. It was clearly a black dot between the equitorial belts. It was easier to see at 163x than at 180x I guess due to seeing. (Don't anyone tell me now that I was wrong and that there was no transit this morning.)
How long after dawn was the latest anone out there caught a transit?