My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Luke Leege

August 14, 2010 12:27 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

NGC7000

Posted By Luke Leege

Took this with my stock Canon 7D to see how the Ha response was. Looks pretty good to me..
Imaged with an AT65q.
http://thursdaynighthackers.com/5-10-NGC7000.jpg

October 2, 2010 11:33 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Blast from the past!

Posted By Luke Leege

I recently acquired a nice old AP scope and mount. The cell is marked "Roland Christen Sept 84 6003". I bought it off the original owner who was local. He says he hasn't used it in years. Judging by the dust on it, I'd say so. The OAT needs a paint job as it is yellowed and has a few mars on it. The mount looks good and the clock drive works. The tripod is a beast! I'd almost mount my AP1200 on it. The lens is a bit dirty but should clean up fine with a little steel wool. (just kidding)It's a bit dusty but the coatings look good. Can't wait to get a first light. Not sure if it's "NASA" glass but from what I hear, Roland says it's all the same. I'm pretty sure the mount is the AP706. ? Wonder if there is any literature available on these old mounts.

July 28, 2012 10:23 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Traveler and Video

Posted By Luke Leege

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=487841354576564

February 13, 2014 12:31 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Honders Astrograph

Posted By Luke Leege

Are there plans to continue the production of the Riccardi-Honders? Has the initial batch of 25(?) been delivered to the lucky recipients? Are the rest of us a day late and a dollar short? Just curious if I should exhale. smile

April 20, 2016 06:19 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Blocking filter Moddification?

Posted By Luke Leege

Has anyone converted their Coronado BF diagonal to a straight through configuration for imaging?
Just wondering if this is possible.

December 13, 2005 06:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

I got my $ back on the RCX, so now what do I buy?

Posted By Luke Leege

Ok. I finally made up my mind. I am still a CAT freek so I had to get another. I opted for a CGE-9.25 with XLT coatings. That will keep the aperature fever low for a while. Of course it was much cheaper than the RCX so I had a few bucks left over. So, I bought a decent quality refractor. A WO FLT-110. And the nice thing is an EQ mount that will handle either one, or both! 8)

February 11, 2007 05:30 PM Forum: Refractors

Zenithstar 80 ED II Focusing problem

Posted By Luke Leege

Sounds like you need an extension tube.

February 27, 2007 07:10 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

AP900GTO Goto Accuracy

Posted By Luke Leege

My older GTOCP1 is fantastic with a nearly identical rig. Never had any GOTO issues and I need to set up and break down all the time.

April 23, 2007 05:54 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Still can't rate!

Posted By Luke Leege

Rick Berman said:

Dear Moderator, Please see my post above. I followed Floyd's instructions but can't post still. I bought a scope on AM from Luke Leege in a very nice transaction but there is no mention of available rating under "unused ratings" on my account. What's up?
Rick, I'll post another ad. You can respond to it and them we can rate each other. smile

September 27, 2007 06:24 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

140EDF...which focuser?

Posted By Luke Leege

I opted for the 4" for future growth. I use a DSLR now but aspire to move up to an STL1100 some day. smile
And like Bruce said..... smile
What I want to know is, when are they going to start shipping?! I'm Jonesing for some more detailed pics. All I can find are the NEAF pics on the AP site.
My accessories arrived today. Is December realistic? I sure hope! grin