New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Luke Leege

November 20, 2009 05:12 AM Forum: Refractors

February 3, 2010 06:48 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Pier for outdoors

Posted By Luke Leege

Any local metal shop could fabricate something cheaper then a mail order pier. I buy supplies from the Metal Supermarket. http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/msc-storefinder.aspx
They have lots of locations and the prices are good for fabricating one off's.
You can buy any size diameter steel pipe you need in any length. If you are handy with a welder and drill, you can DIY. Or provide the stock for a local metalworker.

February 10, 2010 05:09 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

1200 mount being tested with scopes

Posted By Luke Leege

Is that your new S/S mounting plate? Howard said you guys had some out for anodizing and there would be pictures on the AP site soon.
Put me on the list. smile

February 10, 2010 05:11 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

PK164 in Lynx

Posted By Luke Leege

Awesome. Yin Yang!

March 24, 2010 07:20 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How long does an ad run?

Posted By Luke Leege

Thomas Morrow said:

I just noticed that my ad is no longer posted. Do they get dropped after a number of days? Can I re list the ad?
Your ad most likely is still there. The default view is for 10 days I believe. You can change that, up to 90 days or you can search for older ads. Or, you can go to "my classifieds under your profile.

June 10, 2010 11:55 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Ap traveler EDT VS EDFS with 27tvph!

Posted By Luke Leege

I can't speak for the difference between the two. The 27TVPH does not really do much for flattening the image. You would want a dedicated flattener #67PF462. This poses an interesting question......Can the 27TVPH be used with the 67PF462???
I'll have to give it a try some night.
Perhaps Roland will chime in with an answer before I have some clear skies.

June 21, 2010 09:14 AM Forum: Refractors

Opinions on these

Posted By Luke Leege

Floyd Blue said:

TMB 130-FT f/7
APM 130 f/6
TEC 140 f/7

What are your opinions on these for AP work, which would you say was the better?
Dealing with optics of this caliber, it's impossible to give Yuri a 10mm advantage and expect to win.
The TEC140 has a dedicated FF available at a reasonable cost as well. And should you ever have a problem, the guy who made it is easily reached.

August 22, 2010 07:16 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Mounting a DSLR to a dovetail ?????

Posted By Luke Leege

The simple answer is to just bolt your camera onto a Losmandy D series dovetail plate using a 1/4-20 socket cap screw. The problem is, this does not allow you to rotate the camera for framing. If you are using a lens with a tripod foot, this isn't much of an issue as you can rotate the camera in the foot. You will need a riser block to give you some extra clearance. For lenses without a foot, your best bet it a swivel head. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279154-REG/FLM_FLM320020.html
This allows you some adjustment for framing your shot. You can bolt one of these on to a dovetail plate the same way you would the camera.

September 4, 2010 09:23 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Hammer

Posted By Luke Leege

Roland Christen said:

3 hours total exposure Baader H-a and OIII filters
SBIG ST10XE camera

Rolando
Have you obtained an 8300 based camera yet? I'd love to see what the RH will do with that chip as I plan to use a ML8300 should I be one of the lucky few in the first batch.

October 2, 2010 11:34 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Blast from the past!

Posted By Luke Leege

Here's the lens markings.