New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Luke Leege

March 11, 2009 05:59 AM Forum: Polls

These drugs should be legal and taxed..

Posted By Luke Leege

Les Chambers said:

Nice to see you picked a fair and balanced website. However, according to the link:

"The federal government runs over 50 means-tested welfare programs, including Temporary Assistance to Needy Families; Medicaid, food stamps; the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); the Women, Infants, and Children food program; public housing; Section 8 housing; the Community Development Block Grant; the Social Services Block Grant; and Head Start."

Later it includes student loans and Pell Grants into this mix. So, rather than just tar all these programs with the "welfare" brush, which of these programs do you suppose we sacrafice to maintain the lost "war on drugs"? Health care for children? Head Start? Food for the poor? Or hey, lets just further slash student loans and let those who don't have trust funds to pay for college just compete with all the other "nere do wells" for those Walmart jobs.

Les
I never said to cut anything. Drugs are bad for the economy, and worse for the people. Did you ever loose a friend to drug addiction? Would you let your child do coke if it was legal? Would you like to live around a bunch of junkies? Do you think drug use would go down if it were legal? Come on. They call it DOPE for a reason!

March 16, 2010 06:46 AM Forum: Polls

Astromart should

Posted By Luke Leege

Astromart is like health care. Everyone wants it, but no one wants to pay for it.
Membership here should be free. Ads should be free. Want to reply to an ad? Stick a nickle in the meter.....
That would cut down on the low ballers/ tire kickers and generate a heck of a lot of revenue for Amart to continue.

August 23, 2010 10:58 AM Forum: Polls

I would like to spend the weekend with ..

Posted By Luke Leege

Carter makes the list but not Reagan?

August 23, 2010 08:04 PM Forum: Polls

I would like to spend the weekend with ..

Posted By Luke Leege

~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

Last I checked Reagan is dead

Well, since you put it that way.... wink

August 24, 2010 04:56 PM Forum: Polls

Have we ever been visited by space aliens

Posted By Luke Leege

Are you implying that he is of a higher intelligence? 8O

September 14, 2010 01:15 PM Forum: Polls

The best Gov't solution to the slow economy

Posted By Luke Leege

Brian Richardson said:

Spend less/ tax less tell me how that would work for the economic short term? I do not understand. I can understand how that philosophy would work long term... gray on how it could generate trillions in the short term. :S
By spending less then it takes in. The way to create jobs is not by penalizing businesses with higher taxes to cover out of control spending. Even Castro figured that out.

September 21, 2010 02:40 PM Forum: Polls

My next computer is going to be --

Posted By Luke Leege

MAC's are great. Too bad most astro software isn't compatible.