My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Alden Wells

May 1, 2002 08:14 PM Forum: Takahashi

Takahashi Eyepiece Quality

Posted By Alden Wells

I am considering trying a few Tak EP's and am wondering about their quality and how they stack up against other premeim EP's such as Televues. Are all Tak EP's .965's and does it make a difference? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

October 4, 2002 05:21 PM Forum: Meade

Field De-rotator vs. Superwedge

Posted By Alden Wells

I have recently purchased a 12" LX200 GPS and hope to do CCD imaging with it using a Pictor 416XT. Will the Derotator work as well as the wedge? Will the exposure time be limited before any tracking error is introduced?

Can anyone comment on the use of the derotator?

Thank You

Alden Wells

November 4, 2002 09:45 PM Forum: Meade

Battery Power

Posted By Alden Wells

Does anyone know if there would be any problems using rechargable nickel-cadium or nickel-metal hydride batteries in an LX200 GPS. The instruction manual did'nt address it, however, I thought there were certain applications unsuited for using these types of batteries. Thanks

July 23, 2003 03:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

12 Volt Battery Supply

Posted By Alden Wells

I am interested in running my 12" LX200 GPS from a commercially available rechargable 12 volt battery setup rather than using the internal C batteries. I called Meade to see if I needed anything other than their #607 power cord to make this work. I was told that they could not recommend that I use that kind of power source.

Now I don't necessarily understand all this electrical, but how would this setup differ from using the adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter in a car. Could using an external 12 volt battery supply damage the electronic of the scope? Would using this setup void the warrenty? Has anyone had any expierence with this type of setup?

Can rechargable batteries be used in the LX200 GPS? It's not mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Thanks.

October 3, 2003 03:09 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Binocular Repair/Cleaning

Posted By Alden Wells

I recently purchased a pair of vintage (1940) pair of Bauch and Lomb Navy BU Ship 7x50 binoculars. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good place to have them sent for a good cleaning and tweaking? Any information supplied would be greatly appreciated.

Alden Wells

August 12, 2003 05:11 PM Forum: Meade

Meade LX 200 12 soft case

Posted By Alden Wells

Gregg:

I know someone who has just purchased the 7" Meade Maksutov and has the fabric case. He does not recommend it. Given the greater weight of the 12" (73lbs) I imagine that the fabric case would not be adaquate for very long. I also have a new 12" LX200 GPS UHTC. I had a local cabinet maker make a nice wooden box for about $170.00 which accepts the Meade supplied foam. I added some garden cart wheels and wheel barrow style handles and it works very well. The only draw back being it is rather large and requires a pickup to move

January 19, 2021 01:37 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

My Classified Images are Uploading sideways

Posted By Alden Wells

Does anybody have any advice on how to correct the problem that the images I  am uploading to my classified ads are all uploading sideways. The images all appear oriented properly on the iPhone and were all taken in the upright position.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

Alden Wells