Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC 5149 Cacoon Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Lee Spain

December 26, 2011 05:02 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Another Bust

Posted By Lee Spain

Sounds like another reason to go to Carmax.

December 27, 2011 08:58 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Washington Crossing the Delaware

Posted By Lee Spain

That's a very cool article. I'm glad he has the cannon for support. I always thought George would've been too smart to stand up in a narrow boat.

December 29, 2011 11:14 AM Forum: Politics

US Will Strike Iran Militarily

Posted By Lee Spain

We should probably dither a little bit. If Iran had nuclear weapons it would be an arms sales bonanza for the U.S. We could probably sell tons of Patriot missiles and other air defense systems to other countries in the region. Plus, if they had a nuclear exchange in the region, many of the worlds festering problems could be resolved in one fell swoop.

January 1, 2012 06:11 AM Forum: Politics

Let Iran have a nuke

Posted By Lee Spain

You are going to need a bigger pen for all the goats you are getting with this post.

However, on a serious note, why botther with Iran now? The bomb genie is out in the region. Pakistan already has the bomb and is the least trustworthy ally the U.S. ever had. The ISI is practically a Taliban allly and the unstable government is always a breath away from falling to radical Islam.

January 1, 2012 10:20 AM Forum: Politics

Should We Arm UAE/Saudis?

Posted By Lee Spain

That's a good question. Just as those countries use instability in the region to jack the price of oil up on us, we could use instability in the region to jack the price of weapons up on them. I guess we need a new balance against Iran.

The THAAD is essentially a defensive system so I'm not overly concerned about that sale to the UAE. However, the bombs and anti-ship missiles to Saudi are a bit of a concern. After all, you can't even trust Saudis with box cutters.

http://www.dsca.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2010/Saudi_Arabia_10-43.pdf

January 5, 2012 06:48 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

How does one tell if the painting was crapped on

Posted By Lee Spain

I sure hope brown was in the color pallet of the original. wink

January 8, 2012 09:35 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Mustango takes on Audi R8

Posted By Lee Spain

Ok, fess up, how many times have you heard the phrase:

"Sir, do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

January 8, 2012 01:03 PM Forum: Politics

Red Lines

Posted By Lee Spain

I'm not buying it. The Iranians have the ability to close the straits. The Egyptians can close the Suez Canal. The Saudis can stop producing oil. If they all talk about it enough, the price of gas will go up. We should stop the war talk and just say, "Good for them."

Obviously, we can re-open the straits. But, the instability talk just pumps up their profits.

January 9, 2012 03:56 PM Forum: Sports

Well?

Posted By Lee Spain

We weren't sure whether Broncos victories went here or in the religion forum. grin

January 9, 2012 09:16 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

The King and Queen Building

Posted By Lee Spain

Here's another cool building near me.