Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Cocoon jeweled by Milky Way

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Lee Spain

January 10, 2012 07:38 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Guess this vehicle!

Posted By Lee Spain

Cuts through traffic like a hot knife through butter . . .

January 11, 2012 06:36 PM Forum: Politics

T.O.S. Are they that hard to understand?

Posted By Lee Spain

4.2.2. Astromart ™ απαγορεύει την ανάρτηση υλικού που περιέχει φυλετικών, εθνοτικών, θρησκευτικών διακρίσεων ή κείμενα λιβελογραφικά, ή να υποστηρίζει τη βία, μίσος ή άλλη γλώσσα που είναι προσβλητικό? Υλικό αναφορά την πώληση ή τη διάθεση ελεγχομένων ουσιών, οποιαδήποτε ανάρτηση που προορίζεται να παρενοχλούν μια άλλη, εκούσια διαφήμιση (πόσο πρόκειται για εμπορική ή ενημερωτικόwink και ανεπιθύμητα e-mail ή τις διαφημίσεις, συμπεριλαμβανομένων, αλλά δεν περιορίζονται σε ενήλικο που χρονολογεί τις υπηρεσίες ή την τοποθέτηση διαφημίσεων ("spam")? πληροφορίες σχετικά με ένα άλλο on-line αστρονομία ταξινομηθεί ή / και υπηρεσίας δημοπρασία?

Looks like Greek to me! grin

January 13, 2012 03:59 PM Forum: Religion

Why the Chador?

Posted By Lee Spain

Cuz' you can't have smokin' hot belly dancers just wandering around inciting lustful thoughts? grin

January 14, 2012 01:36 AM Forum: Politics

Another independant on the fence...Ron Paul 2012?

Posted By Lee Spain

That is truly a tough call. But, I can't vote for him. Ron Paul is the only candidate serious aboit a balanced budget. He is the only one who might make the tough cuts. But, I don't support him on drug policy, foreign policy, or monetary policy. I do think the government sometimes needs to run deficits. Plus, I don't agree with the libertarian philosophies of extreme self-reliance. When I'm 63, I won't have $15000 a year or more to pay for health insurance and I'll need medicare and social security. Since I've been laid off, I don't trust business as part of society and I don't trust the motives of corporations. However, I want a pro business candidate who will spur economic growth and hiring here in the US. I'm willing to give the GOP one more chance.

January 14, 2012 05:21 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

No Mayday?

Posted By Lee Spain

The supersized cruise ships seem like a bad idea in the post 9/11 era. Plus, they don't much look like real ships. I guess it's only a matter of time before disasters happen.

January 16, 2012 12:02 AM Forum: Politics

Romney vs Obama on Jobs

Posted By Lee Spain

I have to read Romney's full plan. However, jobs are a key issue for me during this election. I downloaded Romney's plan summary and I like his idea of imposing duties on Chinese imports unless they free float their currency. That it a key Econ 101 concept.

However, I like Obama's plan to eliminate tax breaks for company's that ship jobs overseas. I think we need to do more than rely on corporate good faith to create jobs here.

My thought is to vote for Romney this time and give business interests everything they want. However, if they continue to export jobs and the economy continues to languish, I'll vote for the Khmer Rouge in 2016. They can put executives on trial for economic treason, send everyone who buys products from China to a reeducation camp, and shoot all the bourgoisie.

January 16, 2012 09:21 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Semi or Revolver for Concealed Carry?

Posted By Lee Spain

In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, I meditated on race relations today and then celebrated by going to a minor league ice hockey match far out in the Atlanta burbs and visiting the Bass Pro Shop to look at firearms. We briefly considered stopping at Applebee's on the way home, but since someone got shot there last night just for rooting for the 49ers we passed.

I briefly held a the Taurus 738, Beretta Nano, Walther PPK, and Bersa Thunder. I am a little concerned about not having a place for the pinky on the Taurus, Beretta, and similarly sized Ruger LCR. Do you guys with Ruger LCRs and the like find it distracting to shoot such small firearms?

I liked the Walther PPK and Bersa Thunder. They both fit the hand well. But, they do have safeties. All were much smaller than snubby revolvers. Of the teeny-tiny guns, the Beretta Nano had very nice sights and no safety to fumble with. The Bersa and Taurus were both fairly inexpensive and would be easy to fit in the budget within a month or two.

January 17, 2012 05:55 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

US Capitol Building

Posted By Lee Spain

Very nice. Say what you will about the government, at least we've got cool buildings for it. 8)

January 17, 2012 06:19 PM Forum: Religion

Can we tell them apart....?

Posted By Lee Spain

All the Christian varieties are like different models within the Ford-Lincoln-Mercury lineup. The Mormons self-identify as Christians, but they are like a Town Car Limousine. (They've got a few extra segments inserted into the chassis). As an Abrahamic(sp?) the Moslems are like the Ford Pinto. Old-fashioned and prone to burst into flame when struck.

I don't care to Wikipedia myself into instant expertise on the eastern religions, but at least one of them is like a rental car with a round-trip GPS. You go through your entire journey and then end up back where you started so that you can go on another journey. grin

January 17, 2012 06:24 PM Forum: Prayer Line

My Wife

Posted By Lee Spain

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.