My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Lee Spain

June 22, 2012 12:48 PM Forum: Politics

"Can The President Rewrite Federal Law?"

Posted By Lee Spain

Natural law is convenient when it comes to gun rights. But, playing the devil's advocate here - Wouldn't natural law dictate that people be free to go wherever they please and associate with whomever they please? If that's the case, wouldn't any immigration law might violate natural law in some way? I personally believe that our country as a tribe of people has the right to set some boundaries. But, that is just me.

June 22, 2012 12:51 PM Forum: Sports

GO THUNDER!

Posted By Lee Spain

Sometimes in the summertime you see lots of Heat lightning and never hear any Thunder. wink Maybe next time? At least I learned that OKC has a basketball team. 8)

June 22, 2012 11:36 PM Forum: Politics

They're The Victims

Posted By Lee Spain

I would just send the top 10% of bank executives to the guillotine. But, picking and choosing who to bail out is ridiculous. I don't think homeowners are any more deserving of a bailout than anyone else. Once we work our way through the bankers and the lawyers, I'm pretty sure people who over-borrowed on ARMs should be next in line.

June 24, 2012 05:01 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Mexico out of control

Posted By Lee Spain

Instead of sending them down to the border, let's send the troops downtown. Perhaps they could arrest everyone involved in using and dealing cocaine and marijuana? Then we could send all the druggies to Mexico and Colombia where they could be tried as accessories to the thousands of drug-related murders that occur on those countries. All our drug offenders could be imprisoned in Central America for far less than it costs us to warehouse them here. It's pretty clear that drug consumption here fuels murder and terrorism in Central America and even Afghanistan.

June 24, 2012 05:13 PM Forum: Politics

In Lieu of Flowers...

Posted By Lee Spain

I wish Vladimir Putin would run. Our domestic communists kind of suck. :S

June 24, 2012 05:41 PM Forum: Politics

You will know them by the friends they keep

Posted By Lee Spain

Note to Self: Don't Take a Democratic Activist to Steak-n-Shake

June 27, 2012 06:28 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

I want a Porsche 911 for my next car!

Posted By Lee Spain

Have you got a car yet? Whattchya gonna get? Millions of astronomy geeks are living vicariously through you! No pressure though . . . wink

June 28, 2012 10:52 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

French Terrorist Alert Level

Posted By Lee Spain

I love it! I think the best one for us was comedian Ron White's idea of a two level system: 1. Get a helmet. 2. Put it on. 8)

June 30, 2012 05:24 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Really? This is what we have become?

Posted By Lee Spain

My take - Bureaucratic snafu. This sounds like someone in Washington, D.C., decided to send a pamphlet out to all employees of a government department and didn't remember that some members of that department are sworn law enforcement officers. A mailing mixup shouldn't be a federal case. In many large companies, I have to spend time taking training about not bribing foreign officials. This is despite that fact that I'm not a sales weasel and I don't work abroad. Not that big of a deal.

June 30, 2012 04:13 PM Forum: Politics

Obamacare upheld

Posted By Lee Spain

IMO, this ruling puts the Republicans in a bit of a bind. Now, they have to argue that they will be the ones to take health insurance away from people with pre-existing conditions and from the working poor whose employers do not provide health insurance. While this may energize those members of the base who've never received a $326,000 medical bill and who've never been uninsured, this will certainly not help Romney connect with common folks.

The GOP should have thoroughly addressed the health care issue when GWB was president. The Democrats created a gnarly sausage of a solution. But, stripping it away without a replacement is going to be a hard sell for the GOP. The free market will not do it because there is NO incentive for an insurer to cover someone with a pre-existing condition or who has already survived a serious ailment.