Posts Made By: Lee Spain

July 26, 2012 11:57 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Chik-Fil-A BBQ

Posted By Lee Spain

I can think of at least 3 other minority groups that Chik-Fil-A should speak badly about. Then, it would be an even better place to eat! grin

July 29, 2012 05:23 PM Forum: Politics

"Skin That Smoke Wheel And..."

Posted By Lee Spain

Well, if ever an incident proved that the cops are just 5 minutes away when you need them, it was the Aurora theater shooting. I don't blame people for increasing their arsenals.

August 1, 2012 01:14 AM Forum: Politics

Happy Birthday

Posted By Lee Spain

Wow! Is it lonely being an economics nerd? grin Do people dress up in Adam Smith costumes and go to conventions? wink

August 1, 2012 02:23 AM Forum: Politics

because we shoudn't take away rights, right?

Posted By Lee Spain

He's a hoosier in a St. Louis kind of way for sure.

August 12, 2012 08:11 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Are we a Christian Nation?

Posted By Lee Spain

You are absolutely right. Plus, I know for a fact that Muslims live in Missouri because they were being investigated for sending satellite phones from St. Louis to Al Queda back in 2001. wink

August 13, 2012 12:08 PM Forum: Politics

Math

Posted By Lee Spain

I dunno. As an English major, I oppose math in all of its forms. wink

August 13, 2012 11:44 PM Forum: Sports

NCAA throws the book at these cheats. Glorious day

Posted By Lee Spain

Silly nerdlings. Institutions that shun sports are passing up valuable opportunities. It's no wonder they can't sell science in this country. wink

From an institutional perspective, sports is about establishing and deepening the bond between the general public and the educational institution. Every contact with the public and alumni is a sales opportunity. It's the opportunity to establish the institutions brand, sell the University to prospective students, prospective donors, and prospective political supporters. It also helps support the local economy around the institution by attracting visitors and commerce.

I wish Emory University had sports. If they did, they wouldn't have to prey on the public with their completely worthless high dollar continuing education certificate programs.

August 20, 2012 06:55 AM Forum: Politics

The Swift Boating of Obama

Posted By Lee Spain

Pretty much. But, I've said this country needs a Minister of Shut The Folks Up for along time.

September 1, 2010 03:22 AM Forum: Polls

If we had a King/Queen I would like it to be

Posted By Lee Spain

...did the most annoying people on the planet get to be King or Queen? shocked Aaaaargh, I think I'd rather swim to Cuba than put up with any of these folks.