My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tony Aguire

June 15, 2010 11:47 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Quit my job today...

Posted By Tony Aguire

I started classes about 4 months ago for canine behavioral psycology, today I was offered a position in the #1 No-Kill shelter in Arizona. So I gave my notice to my old job.

I am glad for an oportunity to offer my time and devotion for the cause...

Glad also that I can contribute to the well being of truy needy creatures....

June 24, 2010 11:09 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: Changing Profile Info...

Posted By Tony Aguire

Donald Tucker said:

Been trying for 3 days now to change my Profile Information to no avail. I click account settings, go to my Bio, then change what I have been wanting to...every time I hit SAVE...it shows the last Bio information and will not save the new information...Herb, or anyone...what should I do??? Thanks.

Try clearing your browser history, or clicking on "refresh (F5)"...

On my machine, even when I log in I still get the screen with the log in stuff taht would indicate I am not logged in. I have o hit refresh to get the correct (logged in) screen.

July 7, 2010 09:33 AM Forum: Telescope Making

First time mirror grinding...

Posted By Tony Aguire

I am going to give mirror grinding a shot with a 4.25 in blank and tool purchased from a gentleman here on Amart, any suggestions (besides reading lots of books!) from veterans out there? I figure this size would be forgiving to start with, any suggestions on f ratio etc?

Thanks and Clear Skies

July 14, 2010 05:06 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Respect...

Posted By Tony Aguire

Recently I have received comments from posters(s) that indicate they feel that other posters cross the line (and insulted) when posting comments directed at other posters.

This is not the politics forum

Given it has been a while since I have addressed this before, now might be a good time to remind everyone that in this forum, I strive to keep the conversation from straying to childish insults, innuendos, name calling etc. As astronomers, I certainly hope we are all logical and contain enough self control to be able to refrain from posts that inject disrespect of one another's views.

Thank you all for your continued support of Astromart, and thank you for stopping by...

BTW, my PM is not terribly reliable, If you wish to comment privately direct emails to

wolfstar6@yahoo.com

The address that is used on my Astromart profile is a different one that my wife uses as well. When I buy/sell, she helps with payment, shipping etc. Correspondence of any other nature should go to the above address.

Clear Skies
Tony Aguire

July 21, 2010 09:22 PM Forum: Audio

Brings back memories....

Posted By Tony Aguire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRFtnTd620

August 27, 2010 03:42 PM Forum: Audio

in..about...

Posted By Tony Aguire

in aboot 1.5 hours, i shall be leaving for the American Carnage tour...Slayer. Megadeth, Testament...

At this point I am fairly drunkish...wfie is driving....Tying not ot get arrested......

Hope to be back in one...peace.... 8)

September 9, 2010 04:41 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LVI Smartguider

Posted By Tony Aguire

Anyone had any experience with one of these?

http://www.buytelescopes.com/Products/16262-LVI-Cameras-lvi-smartguider-2-imaging-control-system.aspx

Looking to replace my Dell laptop/DSI setup for something newer and less bulky. This would be used on a Celestron ASGT CG5.

Thanks and clear skies

September 14, 2010 09:35 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Summer winding down in SW AZ means...

Posted By Tony Aguire

Moving 8 tons of river rock, 2 tons of sand, lots of dirt, mulch, cow manure, and a couple of Mesquites and Texas Ebonies to create a nice little rock garden/patio to enjoy sunsets and sun rises... grin

September 14, 2010 10:09 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Grasshopper...

Posted By Tony Aguire

My wife took this shot of this guy hanging out on our front door...

November 18, 2010 09:38 PM Forum: Audio

Crown Amps...

Posted By Tony Aguire

Anyone have anything to say about Crown amps? I am looking to replace my recently toasted *sniff sad * Pioneer receiver. I would like to step away from the bells and whistles of surround sound and get a simple 2 channel amp that delivers good sound quality and power.

I was running
1) Pioneer Dolby 5.1 110watts/channel driving two front channels and a center channel
2) Pioneer Dolby Pro Logic reciever (old) driving the rear channel at 100 watts per channel
3) a 150 watt powered sub.

Article number one is now dead, which I would like to replace. I would lose the center channel (no complaints) but would keep the rear channel setup and sub. I have a pre amp that can split the signals to the appropriate unit.

Thoughts?

Thanks and clear skies.