My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tony Aguire

June 9, 2011 08:22 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

This Forum...

Posted By Tony Aguire

Gotta say, moderating this forum must be like a full time job....

July 10, 2011 10:51 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

HA HA

Posted By Tony Aguire

So this is what it's like with no gvnment, almost grin ....

Going 80+ in a 55mph down the 17 in PHX, copper copper crime stopper passes me and pulls over the little rice rocket in front of me..... 8) 8) 8)

August 7, 2011 12:15 AM Forum: Politics

We are SCREWING OURSELVES

Posted By Tony Aguire

We are screwed, Democrats, Republicans, T-Baggers, Greens, whatever party you follow large or small, The politicians in any party can NOT fix this country. WE can fix the country by being smarter about spending and investing our money. How many of you have stock portfolios and investment strategies that invest in global/foreign countries. Why can't we invest in companies that are based in the United States?

Why are y'all complaining about what a very, VERY small part of the population that makes the rules in this country is doing. THEY are the MINORITY, House, Senate, Thw White House. It's the citizens that move this country. Time to stop complaining, and start moving. The energy wasted by wiffle ball political fights here, could be spent on e-mails to our elected officials to let them know we are not going to support a candidate (of any party) that uses issues important to our country as a soundbite to get re-elected. Politicians get a pretty decent life on OUR DIME, its about time we started demanding service of them worthy of the salary we give them. Republican and Democrat politicians CAN do good things for our country, but they are no longer offering compromise because they think it will get them re-elected by standing "firm", without any concern for OUR country. For all you ultra conservatives, and rabid left wing liberals....FACE IT, you share a country with each other, you are going to have to learn to live together and make compromises, we are screwed if we can not learn to be more open minded and flexible....

August 7, 2011 12:16 AM Forum: Politics

We are SCREWING OURSELVES

Posted By Tony Aguire

We are screwed, Democrats, Republicans, T-Baggers, Greens, whatever party you follow large or small, The politicians in any party can NOT fix this country. WE can fix the country by being smarter about spending and investing our money. How many of you have stock portfolios and investment strategies that invest in global/foreign countries. Why can't we invest in companies that are based in the United States?

Why are y'all complaining about what a very, VERY small part of the population that makes the rules in this country is doing. THEY are the MINORITY, House, Senate, Thw White House. It's the citizens that move this country. Time to stop complaining, and start moving. The energy wasted by wiffle ball political fights here, could be spent on e-mails to our elected officials to let them know we are not going to support a candidate (of any party) that uses issues important to our country as a soundbite to get re-elected. Politicians get a pretty decent life on OUR DIME, its about time we started demanding service of them worthy of the salary we give them. Republican and Democrat politicians CAN do good things for our country, but they are no longer offering compromise because they think it will get them re-elected by standing "firm", without any concern for OUR country. For all you ultra conservatives, and rabid left wing liberals....FACE IT, you share a country with each other, you are going to have to learn to live together and make compromises, we are screwed if we can not learn to be more open minded and flexible....

August 7, 2011 12:41 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Tai Taka Inu

Posted By Tony Aguire

Taka (my avatar pic from when I first joined Amart) has been with me for almost 12 years. We almost lost him to thrombocytopenia and autoimmune hemolytic anemia 3 weeks ago. With a drug cocktail he managed to make some recovery...today after the third round of blood tests, the vet suggested bone cancer as the underlying cause. Without a marrow biopsty (painful) we won't know for sure. We are celebrating his life and trying to make him as happy and comfortable as possible...

August 30, 2011 06:54 PM Forum: Politics

If I...

Posted By Tony Aguire

If I crapped in your toilet and didn't flush it, can I blame you for the stink two days later? BOO-YA Bush is at fault for Obama getting stuck with a stinky poop pot...

Obama '12 grin

October 22, 2011 04:13 PM Forum: Politics

Read this book...(if you truly care)

Posted By Tony Aguire

http://www.amazon.com/We-Meant-Well-American-Project/dp/0805094369/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319325208&sr=1-1

November 2, 2011 07:13 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

The REAL problem...

Posted By Tony Aguire

The REAL problem, be it Global Warming Theory, Politics, Religion, etc is that folks get so attached, bonded, inseparable from a line of thought, that they support that line in fear. Fear of being proven wrong, fear of having to adjust to change, fear of opening the mind to the possibilities that things just are not what believers are lead to believe.

Time to push the re-set button folks. Time to debate with real data for real.

If we compartmentalize the data, we can come up with an answer...lets do that.

How does Co2 (and other GH gasses) act in the atmosphere?

What have been the trends temperature-wise globally?

Where can we expect to see the greatest emissions of Co2 and other GH gasses?

How does solar input affect the ballance?

Is it God's hand?

Should we care? (don't ask me)

November 6, 2011 10:17 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Edmund 4.25 reflector

Posted By Tony Aguire

Hello all...I recently was gifted an Edmund 4.25 reflector with the mount, complete with manuals and an RKE 28 mm EP. We think the production date was around 1981? There is a small amount of rust on the tripod tube, and a few dings in the paint. This item was used gently but often I suspect. The motor works. The mount is an 85,309 the O.T. is an 85,286

I am just getting into vintage scopes. This one has some cobwebs inside the tube and quite a bit of dust on the secondary, the primary looks decent, with a couple of cobwebs having fallen on it. I would like to clean the secondary, remove the cobwebs from the tube (without touching the primary yet) and take this scope out for the first light in likely a very long time. Any suggestions?

Long term I would like to restore this scope. I have a soft heat for older mechanical designs of any kind, so any pointers would be appreciated.

BTW the only issue is the straps that hold the OT to the mount, one has a tear. Is there s good place to find a replacement?

November 30, 2011 10:18 PM Forum: My Favorite WIMP.COM or YOUTUBE.COM

Iron Maiden to the rescue :-)

Posted By Tony Aguire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx8Z_Ni00iw&feature=related