Posts Made By: Tony Aguire

February 8, 2019 04:10 PM Forum: Politics

Republicans raising taxes? Yup.

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Tony Aguire

You're joking, right?
Oil and gas is subsidised by cheap land leases and taxpayers money being used to keep up a military presence in conflict areas as well. This is often not factored in. Our economy revolves around the oil and gas industry. 

February 8, 2019 04:10 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Tony Aguire

You're joking, right?
Oil and gas is subsidised by cheap land leases and taxpayers money being used to keep up a military presence in conflict areas as well. This is often not factored in. Our economy revolves around the oil and gas industry. 

Besides, it's not my fault as an adopter of new technology that the government system of taxation is flawed. It's like taxing me more for my vegetables because I'm a vegetarian. I choose to limit my participation in the gasoline industry, I should not be penalized for it.

February 8, 2019 04:29 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Tony Aguire

The argument that electric vehicles polute as well since the energy used to power them (sometimes) comes from dirty sources is overly simplistic. Even if the vehicle is being charged from a grid that derives its power from coal, the electric vehicles going to be far less polluting then a gas vehicle.
Many people, myself included very soon, charge thier vehicles via rooftop solar, it does not get any cleaner than that.
That being said, internal combustion engines are terribly inefficient at motivating mass compared to electric vehicles. Energy lost through heat and friction in an internal combustion engine limit thermal efficiency to around 20%, depending on the vehicle. Couple that with the fact that all electric vehicles utilize some form of regenerative braking that re captures momentum to recharge the battery that an internal combustion engine vehicle will scrub off and waste through the brakes as heat and friction.
Another factor that is rarely mentioned is the fact that electric vehicles have next to zero maintenance needs. Tires and a cabin air filter, that is all. Most electric vehicles are capable of getting a hundred and fifty to two hundred thousand miles on a set of brake pads, thanks to regenerative braking. 
No oil changes, transmission fluid changes, fan belts, timing belts, coolant changes, air filters, spark plugs, fuel filters, O2 sensors... The list is long of the things that don't end up in a landfill from an electric vehicle that do end up in a landfill from a gas powered vehicle. 
Electric vehicles, compared model by model in each segment, are faster, more comfortable, and safer than their gasoline counterparts. Electric cars, as an added bonus, won't leak fluids on the road as they age, reducing infrastructure damage.

But my question is, why would Republicans want to tax me for having this thing? I thought Republicans were against forms of taxation suckhas this? 

February 8, 2019 04:37 PM Forum: Politics

He's caving, lol...

Posted By Tony Aguire

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/government-shutdown-deal.html

Sorry Twitard, looks like your base is gonna be angry. Bet Ann Coulter is gonna tear you a new one, lol...

February 8, 2019 04:41 PM Forum: Politics

Tax returns

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Maurice Clark
Anyone started doing their 2018 tax returns yet? Just started on mine and thanks to the republicans and their tax "reforms", my tax bill has increased by around $1,500.  I wonder how many others here will face the same result now that so many deductions have been eliminated or limited.

B***y repubs!

Maurice
Many folks are having the same complaint.
The tax cuts really only benefited the rich, but that's too be expected with an oligarchical Commander in Chief...

February 8, 2019 04:43 PM Forum: Politics

Cherry picking

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
And you doubt Trump is intelligent? I guess you couldn't know what you don't know.
He is good at manipulation and bullshitting, that does not make him smart.

February 8, 2019 09:24 PM Forum: Politics

Cherry picking

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

What are you talking about? He knows more than the generals. He knows he surrounds himself "with the best people". In fact the list goes on and on:
https://www.axios.com/everything-trump-says-he-knows-more-about-than-anybody-b278b592-cff0-47dc-a75f-5767f42bcf1e.html 
Dude, he knows and knows...
f* all.  That is all, lol.

February 9, 2019 08:10 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

California's Mysterious Gas Surcharge...

Posted By Tony Aguire

You should pay twice that, you are destroying the environment. 

February 10, 2019 12:34 PM Forum: Politics

The Myth of American Greatness

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

To answer your question, I read the article front to back, not once but twice.

What stood out to me is that I wondered out loud, why in the world would some asshole post that article, and then come up with the header "The MYTH of American Greatness", which is nothing but a purposeful insult to the USA and its citizens?

I said to myself did someone in Canada wake up on the wrong side of the bed, look at his boyfriend, and tell him "I think I'll go TROLL A-Mart and insult the guys down in the United States by posting this article, and then I'll claim its a sensible read".

Which part was "sensible"?  Which part wasn't smug, insulting, derogatory, and rude?  

As I said, it takes a real asshole to come on, out of the blue and put up some crap like that. 

In all honesty that was the first possibility that came to my mind because I couldn't imagine myself actually starting out a Thread with the words "Canada sucks dick and here's the reason why"

But apparently you thought it was appropriate to do that and rile up those of us down here in the US.

Good for you.  

The article did in fact point out how Canada rides the coattails of the US, depending upon US to defend it militarily with our men and women and blood, because Canada feels like it can spend its coin on some other freebie to its citizens, while shirking its responsibility to pays for its own defense.  

Must be nice to be able to take your money and spend it in other places because your nation as a whole is too irresponsible to take care of its own military defenses, as it realizes BIG BROTHER USA just to the South will CERTAINLY spend ITS money to defend us from the Big bad world. 

It must be nice also to NOT have to pay the prices for your prescription drugs because the Drug companies down in the USA sock it to the American Citizen, and therefore can afford to charge far less to the neighbors up North, the Canadian ingrates as I might characterize them, IF you are an example of the typical Canuck in Canada.   

And let me tell you something about your nonsensical statistics.  

Some I recognize from the WHO, and they are so absurd that any reasoned, thinking individual will recognize how asinine their assertions are when they state things such as ""The U.S. maternal mortality rate, for instance, has doubled over the last two decades, placing it 46th in the world"

Now, I wouldn't expect a moron to understand how the WHO comes up with that innumeration of "46th", because it would take someone with a brain larger than a peanut to understand their criteria and just how asinine it is.  

Having said that, I won't bother going into an explanation to you of the asininity of the WHO's stats, which places the USA right behind CUBA in our health care ranking.  

That would be another area where a moron would become confused and not understand, so once again I won't bother explaining it to you.  

Suffice to say, my fleeting response to you is this "On Behalf of the United States and its 330 Million citizens, YOU and Canada are WELCOME to our protections and Our sacrifices and our world reknowned innovations".  wink
Except these moments of greatness are most common when Democrats are in control. You and your party hold us back. 

February 10, 2019 12:41 PM Forum: Politics

Cherry picking

Posted By Tony Aguire

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Tony,
That's being a bit disrespectful to the conservative members of this forum who believe Trump when he says he knows more than the experts, including them. Some of them have sensitive feelings...
You mean, kind of like snowflakes... But not, since they coined the term. 

I refer to them as kaka de pollo...