My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Klipstein

May 27, 2003 05:02 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Galileo 90mm Mak-Cass

Posted By Robert Klipstein

Could anyone tell me who makes this scope and where it is sold as well as any comments about the scope?

June 13, 2003 10:50 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mak-Cass vs AT1010, Apogee 80ED, or Televue Pronto

Help! My mind is feeling Schizophrenic(Hope one of us spelled that right! Shutup! NO, you Shutup)Anyway, here is my dilema. I am looking for a good scope that I can use for terrestrial(birdies and other things earthbound)and some astronomy(moon, planets, maybe M42 and M57) I really don't want to spend a ton of money(or even half a ton), so I would guess an apo is out. I considered a Mak-Cass, but since the focal length is so long, I am concerned about the FOV. Could I get some suggestions? and all of us thank you.

Bob and company

June 13, 2003 02:32 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

AT1010 vs Mak 127

Chris,
Thanks for your reply, and you have an interesting question?
AT1010 vs Apex 127? I could probably buy both the Apex 127 and the AT1010 for what I would pay for a Pronto. Or an Apex 127 and a Brandon Master Birder for the same price as a Pronto. Right?

June 14, 2003 08:44 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Stellarvue 102D for terrestrial viewing

Could anyone tell me if they have had any experience using a Stellarvue 102D achro for terrestrial viewing? I am looking to get a scope that will serve both some astronomy(moon, planets, maybe M42 and M57)and daytime viewing(birds and other earthbound creatures). I have considered a Televue 85, but the price is prohibitive. I have also considered the AT1010, but would like a bit more aperture. Any suggestions?

June 15, 2003 10:09 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

BW Optik f6 100mm telescope

Has anyone had any experience with this telescope assembled from a kit. Does it really qualify as a semi-apo? Are the objectives really fully multi coated and how much false color is there. What is the maximum magnification it will hold? Thanks for any info.

Bob

June 20, 2003 09:03 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Televue 85 on an Orion AZ-3 mount

Will the clamshell ring on the Televue 85 attach directly to the Orion Alt-Az AZ-3 mount?

June 20, 2003 09:07 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Birding with a Televue 85 apo

What is the best type of mount to use a Televue 85 apo for birding and other nature viewing?

June 26, 2003 07:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Cleaning the optics of a Televue 85 apo

What is the best way, or should you attempt it at all?

July 6, 2003 09:06 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Televue upswing

Help!!! I must be doing something wrong. I have my Televue 85 mounted on a Televue upswing mount. I balance the tube in the mount with the diagonal and eyepiece. When I want to move the mount to the target and keep it there, I have to practically screw the lock bolts down with a wrench to keep the scope from moving. Are these tension or lock bolts? Can you tighten them down enough to keep the scope in place, and is it supposed to stay where you position it? I find this very annoying to use this mount and wonder if I should just go to an equatorial or other type of alt-az mount.

July 10, 2003 06:41 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion V-Block Anti-Fringing filter

Has anyone had any experience with this filter? Is it essentially the same as a Minus-V filter? Can it justify a nice achro(AT1010 or Stellarvue 102D)over a Televue 85?

Thanks