My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joseph Gervase

August 7, 2017 01:59 PM Forum: Mounts

Polar finder calibration

Posted By Joseph Gervase

Having difficulty calibrating my cg-5 mount finder scope. Celestron instructs to level polar axis with ground. The limits of the CG-5 is 30-60 degrees. How do you level with ground if you can't lower altitude below 30 degrees. What am I missing. Please help.
Joe g

June 25, 2019 06:51 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Remote Imaging

Posted By Joseph Gervase

Hi Folks.
I want to set up my imaging control approximately 30 yards from my rig outdoors.  Power is not a problem but telescope control with various software and file storage I would like to do remotely.  Someone mentioned a wireless hub setup.  Does anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks for your help
Joe G

July 6, 2020 01:39 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Remote Imaging

Posted By Joseph Gervase

Thanks David.  This is helpful.

February 4, 2021 11:43 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Please help us!!! . Moving to a new place with great skies. Time to unleash our desire to do astrophotography.

Posted By Joseph Gervase

Greg,
Barry is absolutely right.  It's best to go short on focal length in the beginning.  You will just end up frustrated if you go in the direction that you described.  I did it with a C9.25.  It's gone now for the same reasons and now I own and work with a 70mm high quality  triplet refractor and a 102mm triplet refractor. Using a DSLR but will jump into a CCD when I master the DSLR environment.  I do have an C8 Edge but use that primarily for visual.  But when I attempt to use it for imaging, the issue of tracking and precise alignment come into play.  It's always good to have fun though and you can try things out and see what success you have.  Good luck with it.
Joe G

February 24, 2021 04:56 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Why not a wedge for a fork mount instead of a GEM mount?

Posted By Joseph Gervase

I believe the problem is field rotation. Look up that subject and I believe  you will find your answer.  
Joe g