New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Manuel Reyes

December 29, 2005 09:22 PM Forum: Binoviewers

To the Moderator

Posted By Manuel Reyes

Don

I really like the picture you have in your profile. Could you post a bigger copy of it so I can see it better. I am waiting on a set of the 45mm's and have the 22mm Black Night's so I am interested in any pictures or reviews I can find. Is that the diopter model of the 22mm Black Night?

January 29, 2006 06:29 PM Forum: Eyepieces

An eyepiece everyone should know of from Siebert Optics

Posted By Manuel Reyes

The Siebert Optics 36mm Observatory eyepiece is one of the best I have every used. I have compared it to a 35 Pan and even in this fine match up I could not declare a winnerin my 8" f/6 and my friends 12.5" f/4.8 scope. I thought I might be alone about my convictions until I came across this string on CN about it's sister eyepiece the 34mm OB. I am soon to do a review of this eyepiece but want to spend more time with it first. Just wanted to let everyone know.

CN link.
http://tinyurl.com/dkym3

March 21, 2006 07:05 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My Siebert Optics 36mm and 2x Telecentric barlow.

Posted By Manuel Reyes

For the Curious. These are a couple of products that give my great service.

April 3, 2006 09:30 PM Forum: Eyepieces

History Of the Observatory eyepiece.

Posted By Manuel Reyes

I found some interesting information on the Siebert Optics site in the Observatory series eyepiece page. I have one of these eyepieces and was interested to find out how they were conceived. It was interesting to find out they started out as a project at the request of some historic Observatories to relieve a problem these scopes have with small true FOV because of their scopes large size. One of the observatories was using a 2" 55mm and getting a .15 deg of sky. It would seem they wanted to get a .25 deg minimum and needed an eyepiece with a 116mm FL. and in the 5" dia. You can find the page by typing "Observatory eyepieces" in a google search and the page will come up second. The information is all the way at the bottom of the page.

August 7, 2005 08:31 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Burgess 6mm Planetary EPs

Posted By Manuel Reyes

Thank for your most informative posts. We are in your debt for such helpful information. I also have the Siebert Black Night 22mm and am on the list for the 45mm Elite binoviewer. If anyone has one of these or can steer me to where I can read more about them I would appreciated it. I have been waiting quite some time on them and would like to hear from those who have had a chance to look though them. I am particularly interested in how they would work on a 10" LX200. What eyepiece choices would be good and so forth. I want to get a good low power view and with a big SCT like mine that is not easy.

M.R.

November 26, 2005 08:18 PM Forum: Binoviewers

C-14 Binoviewing

Posted By Manuel Reyes

I have the Siebert Optics reducer and it works great. It gives a much wider field then my single eyepieces do.

December 15, 2005 10:38 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Christmas Bino help.

Posted By Manuel Reyes

[QUOTE
I am leaning toward the williams, but any input is greatly appreciated.

-Tim[/quote]
Right now I am using the BN which is the next step up from these. But I started out looking at the budget models to begin with while waiting for my 2"ers and out of all the quality budget binoviewers the WO's are the biggest bang for the buck out there. They also come with the most useful eyepieces these can handle without vignetting that is WA 20mm's.

January 29, 2006 05:57 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Finally a night with the WO Binoviewer!

Posted By Manuel Reyes

Hi Floyd

How do you get it to focus in your Dob. Can you use the WO corrector in the bottom of the binoviewer. Also do you get a lot of vignetting with the 26mm plossls.