From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

NGC 2170

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: ROBERT MOORE

August 26, 2005 06:51 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

dreadful focuser

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

I need to replace the focuser on my 10" Orion Dob. I would like to go with a two speed type any one have any suggestions?

September 4, 2005 08:19 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

help ID

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi My Name is Caroline I am 11 years old, tonight I was out with my Dad and our 10"dob we saw 5 or 6 new things M15,M31/32,M3,M57,M63. We were looking for M6 we did not fine it but we did see some kind of an open cluster at Ra 18.9 Dec -16.9. can any one tell me what it maybe.

Thank you for your help

Caroline.

I live in NY

September 13, 2005 03:27 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Burgess TMB 6mm

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Has any one tryed Burgess first run TMB 6mm Planetary eyepieces. GOOD, BAD, Or what?

Thanks
Bob

September 28, 2005 05:52 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Johnsonian Designs Tracking Platform

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

HI All:

Any one have a Johnsonian Designs Equatorial Tracking Platform? I have been look into getting some kind of tracking set up for a 10" dob an was wondering if any one has info. pro or con.

Bob

September 29, 2005 05:43 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Coronado PST CaK or H-Alpha

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All;

A few weeks ago I had the chance to take a look in a Coronado PST H-Alpha, being a Ham radio operator the sun has been of some interest to me.

After my first look in the PST I new I had to get me one. But now I see that Coronado has ( is ) coming out with a new PST the Coronado PST CaK.

Can any one help with the pro's & con's between the H-Alpha and the CaK filtering. I'm new to this Sol stuff so be gentle.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

September 29, 2005 05:45 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Coronado PST H-Alpha V CaK

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

A few weeks ago I had the chance to take a look in a, being a Ham radio operator the sun has been of some interest me to me for a long time. After my first look in the PST I new I had to get me one. But now I see that Coronado has ( is ) coming out with a new PST the Coronado PST CaK.

Can any one help with the pro's & con's between the H-Alpha and th CaK filtering. I'm new to this Sol stuff so be gentle.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

PS: here's a photo of the new PST CaK

October 4, 2005 10:19 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Jazzing up a Xt10i

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; I have a Orion XT10i Dob it's about a year old now and I was thinking of trying to jazz it up a bit. although the movement of the dob base is ok it not great, I put some ebony star on it but it's still not what I'm looking for. The weekend before last I was at a small star party, someone had a home made dob and it moved like glass. Is there any way I can get the Oran to move like that.... ? or do I need to build a new base... if so where can I get the plans. The scope is my ten year old daughters so ease of movement is impotent

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob.

October 20, 2005 01:50 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Help with filters

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all; can any one tell me the pro's & con's of an ultrabluck as oppose to say a meade OIII or meade nerrow band filters.

Thank's

Bob

October 20, 2005 01:52 PM Forum: Eyepieces

help with filters

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all; can any one tell me the pro's & con's of an ultrabluck as oppose to say a meade OIII or meade nerrow band filters.

Thank's

Bob

October 20, 2005 02:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Meade's LPI

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Has anyone tryed the new meade LPI? if so how is it and how ease is it to work. I have an 11 year old who has an XT10i dob I would like to get it for her IF its not to complex for her to work it. She has no tracking on her scope so i was thinking that the LPI would be ok for bright images.

Thanks

Bob