Posts Made By: ROBERT MOORE

December 12, 2005 11:34 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

double stack PST V SolarMax 40

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; I'm thinking of getting a solar scope, can any one give me the pro's and con's on a comparison between a double stacked PST and a solarmax 40 I know the double pst go's for about $1,500.00 and the 40mm is about $1,700.00 but what about the image? I had a look in a non double PST abd was wowed so what will the double PST and the 40mm give me

Thanks for all your input.

Bob

January 5, 2006 04:31 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

I got $500.00 and NEED to get something

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

OK I have $500.00 with somethings name on it but I don't know what. Let me start by listing what I do have
1) XT10i
2) Starblast on an EQ with clock drive
3) PST ( HA)
4) a good but not great set of EP's
5) 2" filter set with ultra block, sky glow, moon, Blue, Red
6) 5mw laser pointer ( for helping my 11 year old find things )
7) Telrad
8) laser collimator
9) Sky atlas 2000
10) ToUcam pro ( coming )
11) Membership in 1 1/2 clubs ( filled out the form but have not yet sent it in )

So, what name should it put on this $500.00 Bill ... An I don't mean yours.

Thanks for all your help & Happy New Year to all

Bob

January 5, 2006 04:31 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

I got $500.00 and NEED to get something

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

OK I have $500.00 with somethings name on it but I don't know what. Let me start by listing what I do have
1) XT10i
2) Starblast on an EQ with clock drive
3) PST ( HA)
4) a good but not great set of EP's
5) 2" filter set with ultra block, sky glow, moon, Blue, Red
6) 5mw laser pointer ( for helping my 11 year old find things )
7) Telrad
8) laser collimator
9) Sky atlas 2000
10) ToUcam pro ( coming )
11) Membership in 1 1/2 clubs ( filled out the form but have not yet sent it in )

So, what name should it put on this $500.00 Bill ... An I don't mean yours.

Thanks for all your help & Happy New Year to all

Bob

January 6, 2006 02:01 AM Forum: Refractors

Hardin Optical Terra HOC-80mm

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; any one know anything about a Hardin Optical Terra HOC-80mm ? A co-worker is looking to sell his (never used still in the box) it comes on an GEM EQ-4 or 5 with a clock drive, I'm told it an 80mm F5 short tube. and thats all he and or I know. So any help would be great.

Bob

January 8, 2006 02:05 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

help finding Rings for a PST

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All ; Anyone know where i can get 40 mm rings so I can stack mount my PST.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

January 12, 2006 12:04 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Help finding rings

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Thanks for your help.

Bob

January 12, 2006 12:05 AM Forum: Refractors

help finding rings

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Thanks for your help.

Bob

January 17, 2006 01:50 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

OIII ON M42?????

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all, Well my 11 year old Caroline, went out and bought her self with her own money, an 1 1/4" OIII Orion filter for one of our 3 scopes . We had a ultra block but no, that was not good enough she need an OIII. So even with the temp. at 19.3 here in Warwick, NY we took her new starblast EQ ( the smallest of the 3 ) out so she could show my wife and I why she needed to have the filter. It only took but an instant for us to see the difference between the OIII and the ultra block, the OIII showed more of M42 out to the edge of the nebulae but what i found interesting was, that stars the make up the trapezium were at best very very faint if visible at all, but with the ultra block you could see the nebulae nicely along with the trapezium. We were using relatively low power a 24 mm and a 15mm panoptic's. So is my 11 year old wrong about the OIII or is M42 just the wrong nebulae for the OIII.

Thanks for any input

Bob & Caroline

January 17, 2006 01:52 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

OIII ON M42?????

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all, Well my 11 year old Caroline, went out and bought her self with her own money, an 1 1/4" OIII Orion filter for one of our 3 scopes . We had a ultra block but no, that was not good enough she need an OIII. So even with the temp. at 19.3 here in Warwick, NY we took her new starblast EQ ( the smallest of the 3 ) out so she could show my wife and I why she needed to have the filter. It only took but an instant for us to see the difference between the OIII and the ultra block, the OIII showed more of M42 out to the edge of the nebulae but what i found interesting was, that stars the make up the trapezium were at best very very faint if visible at all, but with the ultra block you could see the nebulae nicely along with the trapezium. We were using relatively low power a 24 mm and a 15mm panoptic's. So is my 11 year old wrong about the OIII or is M42 just the wrong nebulae for the OIII.

Thanks for any input

Bob & Caroline

January 22, 2006 03:59 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

looking to learn registax

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all I don't have my ToUcam yet, it's on it's way and will be here in about 10 days. I was hopping to start learning registax but I don't have any avi files. if any one has an old file and would be open to shareing it, It would be of gread help in letting me get a jump on the learning carve.

Thanks for your help

Bob Moore
[email protected]