Posts Made By: ROBERT MOORE

May 5, 2006 03:15 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Telrad riser

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all; has any one used one on there Telrad? is it stable?

Bob

May 8, 2006 05:11 AM Forum: Mounts

Rotating Rings

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All: I just got an Atlas EQ-G, with Parallax asking $480.00 for a set of 10" rings rotating rings, I was wondering if anyone has a set of plans on building rotating ringe, and if you would like to share they. I have a buddy that works in a power plant machine shop and is willing to make them up for me.

Thanks you any help

Bob

May 8, 2006 05:11 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Rotating Rings

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All: I just got an Atlas EQ-G, with Parallax asking $480.00 for a set of 10" rings rotating rings, I was wondering if anyone has a set of plans on building rotating ringe, and if you would like to share they. I have a buddy that works in a power plant machine shop and is willing to make them up for me.

Thanks you any help

Bob

May 11, 2006 01:01 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

My first try at the SUN

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; After talking to some people at NEAF this past weekend and with the clouds opening up this afternoon I tried what I learned and shot some AVI's of the Sun today. Photo's "Sun1" & "Sun2" were taken SAC-7 cam and "Sun3" was taken with a ToUCam ProII. I used a 2X Barlows in the PST and shot 1sec. AVI's. I did some processing in RegiStak & Photo shop. I hope you like my first attempt.

Bob

June 7, 2006 01:46 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Some flowers from around the house

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Here are some flowers from around my house. I have no clue what they are, but they look nice. I took they with a Canon powershot 620a 7.1 megapixel.

Bob

June 18, 2006 01:22 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Dumb of a question

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; I hope this is not too dumb of a question, but I'm totally new to imaging so here it goes. What are flats and darks and what do they do and how do you use them.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

June 20, 2006 12:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

? best software for imaging

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

I all; I'm just getting into imaging, so I would like to know what you all think are the best software for capture, stacking, and pre & post processing for both DSI long exposure and planetary imaging.

Thanks for your help

Bob

June 26, 2006 05:03 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

First ever DSO image

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi all; Well here is my very first deep space image. It is made up of 7 20sec exp. stacked in FitX and then run in photo shop. I put on my hard hat and flack jacket so blast away.

Bob

July 5, 2006 03:25 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Opinion on a new imager

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All, I need to get you opinion, I have been using a friends SAC-7 for some time now and I think it's time to get my own ccd color imager, something entire level but more then a moded webcam I'm looking to do imaging of DSO's Using 10" f4.5 newt on an Atlas EQ-G and at some point with guiding. Keep in mind cost does matter.

Thanks for your informed opinion's

Bob

July 8, 2006 04:49 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Almost First ever DSO image

Posted By ROBERT MOORE

Hi All; Here are some images I took last night.They are of M13 & M22 Globular clusters. I used the Atlas EQ-G mount with Orion Starblast 4 1/2"newt and a SAC-7 Cam. Each image is made up of 10 60 sec. subs stacked processed in Nebulosity with a little post processing in Photoshop7. Hope you like them, MORE TO COME :-) ......... THANKS Joe!!

Bob