Captured by
David Marks

Rosette Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Andy Sedlacek

April 8, 2014 08:29 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Too Good ?

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It hurts us to looks at its Precious! They giveses it for frees; they do!

April 11, 2014 10:06 PM Forum: Eyepieces

If You Could Buy Only One TeleVue Eyepiece...

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

40mm Widefield. Flat field in f/4.8 or longer, generous eye relief, not as heavy as the Pan 41, and sharp to within under 5deg of the edge.

Runner up would be the 11mm Nag 1st gen.

April 17, 2014 02:27 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Meade Lightbridge

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

The only thing Meade can help in today's.......NAW! I'm keeping my mouth shut on this joke.

April 17, 2014 02:31 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Total Lunar Eclipse (2014-04-14/15)

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

The 3rd and 5th photos are my favorite ones. You were way luckier than Jill and I. At best the Moon was a haze in the cirro-stratus. Right at totallity is when the clouds said, "Okay, you don't need to see this anymore!".

April 26, 2014 10:28 AM Forum: Reflectors

Big Dobs

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

Ernie buddy,

Too small would be a Stargazer Steve 3-inch.

Too large would be an Obsession 36

All the best everyone!

May 4, 2014 01:19 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Day of Prayer

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

Agreed. As a fallible human myself, and yet as a Christian, when I go to judge a person, I judge myself first. I might be nice to people, and for that matter, love a lotta' ya out there, but I'm far too flawed to be a judge of others. It is only when I feel physically or emotionally cornered (on purpose by another) that I will pull-out my gavel.

All the best.

May 8, 2014 12:47 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Mars, anyone?

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

I'm lucky to see the polar cap! It sits SO LOW in the sky up here. Wasn't able to make it out in my C90 last night and that was under pretty steady seeing conditions.

May 30, 2014 10:27 PM Forum: Takahashi

Tak FC-100DN

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

Sounds tasty to me!

June 18, 2014 11:29 PM Forum: Refractors

Vintage 90mm f=1000mm Orion Skyview achromat OTA

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

That is interesting! I've had both the SkyView 90 (the one made in Taiwan from 1997-2000) and a few of the older Meade 395 90mms...The best 90mm I've peered through as a doublet achromat indeed was the SkyView 90. Mine never had this issue. Both of the Meades were sharp up until 110x-125x and I would blame the not-so-well-crafted hard plastic lens cell. Hope you can fix the problem soon; those scopes DON'T come around very often.

June 23, 2014 01:07 PM Forum: Mounts

Remember these mounts from Richard Berry?

Posted By Andy Sedlacek

There's a guy, or was, that used to attend TMSP with a huge D&G 8-inch f/12 refractor on one of those exact mounts...But he had painted it yellow and green, as it was the theme for his John Deere telescope!