My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bob Hayes

December 7, 2005 05:39 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX200GPS

Posted By Bob Hayes

Can anyone tell me.....Did Meade make a LX200GPS non-SMT and if so, whats the advantage/disadvantage of SMT?
Thanks,
Bob Hayes

February 11, 2006 11:09 PM Forum: Home Observatories

In progress Dome

Posted By Bob Hayes

I week to mock it up. I have to get the shutters working and then I"ll disassemble and begin building the walls. I have to wait for Spring before I can cover and final assemble it.

February 24, 2006 02:47 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Pier Placement ?

Posted By Bob Hayes

I'm building an 8' domed observatory for my 8" LX200. Can anyone tell me how the position of the pier inside the observatory is calculated? I've noticed that in most observatories, most scopes are off center. Thank,
Bob

March 25, 2006 10:14 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

How should I rate??

Posted By Bob Hayes

I posted a want ad. A few weeks go by and I'm contacted by a seller. He just posted a For Sale ad of the item I requested and says," if you want it, it's yours". I ask if certain items are included. He says,"yes". I reply with," I'll take it ! How do you want me to pay? Thanks !!". I then get an email telling me it's sold !!
The entire episode happened inside of 10 hours.

Should I blast him or let it go?

June 15, 2006 05:36 PM Forum: Home Observatories

In progress Dome

Posted By Bob Hayes

Almost got her done. A bit more trim and caulk, then paint the interior. There's a dent in one of the front gores. I don't know what happened. I'll fix that but I may have to back up behind it. Oh well, the next one will be better ! 8O

June 19, 2006 01:37 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Re: Fire Hazard From Plastic Domes?

Posted By Bob Hayes

If I had a fire that was threatening my observatory it would be the last thing I would worry about.

June 23, 2006 04:46 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Sided

Posted By Bob Hayes

Finally got the siding on. It's steel roofing form the Home Depot and I was surprised how inexpensive it is. It was $2.50 a linear ft. It's ironic that I used wall material on the dome and roofing on the sides. wink
And for the wise guys... No, it's a temporary tarp due to rain. Not a roll off roof! smile
I couldn't find a door that I wanted to cut down so I'm building my own prehung.

July 14, 2006 07:51 PM Forum: Meade

Scope Sleeper

Posted By Bob Hayes

Is anyone familiar with the Scope Sleeper dongle from the UK? Can I get one in the US or plans on constructing my own?
Thanks

July 21, 2006 12:52 AM Forum: Meade

Electronic focuser control

Posted By Bob Hayes

Does anyone know where to get plans or have ideas to build a focuser control for the Meade 1206 focuser? I don't like using the focus control on the LX200 scope.
Thanks,
Bob

August 15, 2006 02:11 PM Forum: Meade

Standard Wedge Question

Posted By Bob Hayes

Does anyone know if the standard wedge would work with the older LX3's without any mods? I would think it would work with any of the LX series mounts. I can't find any info on the web. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob