New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jason Boyce

October 17, 2006 09:17 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M42

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi again,
This was the third subject from last Friday.
By the time I set up on this there was alot of thin high clouds and my scope was starting to dew up,this is what I salvaged after tossing 5 exposures.
This is a fun object to process,I have 4 versions grin
7 5 minute shots stacked in IP using excluded average.Its stretched a little thin.I can hardly wait to shoot this under better conditions.

Tec 140 at f5.6
ST-2000xcm
G-11

Comments,suggestions always welcome

Jason

October 23, 2006 12:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M1~reprocessed

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
I've not been able to take anything new so I spent some time processing some shots I took before buying photoshop.
Here is one I reprocessed,M1.
This is 9 twenty minute subs with darks and hot pixel removal in CCDops,stacked using average in Images Plus and all other processing in CS2.
This is a 100% crop
I like how it came out grin

Tec140at F7
ST-2000xcm
G-11

Comments,tips and critique's always welcome
Thanks for looking
Jason

November 29, 2006 07:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Double Cluster

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
Been awhile since I posted anything.I made a camera change a couple weeks ago and have had various problems on my previous first light attempts,all operator error :C So here is my first successful first light with my new camera,a ST-2000xm grin
Exposure times were 2minx10 each red,green,blue.
Let me know if the colors look right.
Thanks for looking.
Jason

Tec 140 at F5.6
ST-2000xm
G-11

November 30, 2006 07:58 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another Horsehead!

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
Heres my attempt at this often imaged subject smile
It is a LRGB image,my first.Heres the details,
L-15minx8 RGB8minx5 each,all binned 1x1,acquired with CCDsoft,darks,alignment and combined in Images Plus.Levels,curves,and Luminance RGB layering in Photoshop.
Taken the same night as my Double Cluster image but conditions worsened as the night went on,some thin clouds and poor seeing.

I attempted this a week ago but ended up throwing all the subs out because after taking the filter wheel out of my CFW to blow off a few spots of dust,I reinstalled it upside down :C I ended up with the filter wheel spinning the whole time I was shooting,not to mention the filters being backwards,it wasnt pretty!

Tec 140 at f5.6
ST2000xm
CFW8 with Astrodons
G-11 on a pier grin

December 10, 2006 09:05 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M37

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
I have been getting some imaging time in the last couple nights grin
Here is the first I have had time to process,M37 in Auriga.I love to cruise this area of the sky with my binos.
RGB 120sx5 each in poor seeing and good transparency.
Darks,stacking and RGB combine in Images Plus,Photoshop for levels,curves,sharpening and smoothing.
This is the full frame reduced 50%.

I was happy to see it come out as good as it did with the seeing being so bad.

Comments and critiques welcome,

Jason

Tec 140 at F5.6
ST-2000xm with CFW-8
G-11 on a pier grin

December 10, 2006 10:07 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M77

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,
Here is M77 from Friday.I didnt realize how small this one is until I started shooting it and saw the first images download,I need a bigger scope for stuff like this 8O
I shot this at F7 with my Tec and have noticed in all my images shot at prime focus what looks like vignetting or a giant hot spot in the center of my subs when I stretch hard.I dont get this when I shoot with the reducer at F5.6.
Does it make sense to have vignetting at f7 and not at F5.6? if not what would cause such a hot spot?

Anyway,here it is processed as good as I could get it,
LRGB,Luminance 1200x6 RGB 300x5 binned2x2
Images Plus for darks,stacking,RGB combine and DDP.Photoshop for all other processing.

Comments welcome,
Jason

Tec140 atF7
ST2000xm and CFW-8
G-11 on a pier grin

December 12, 2006 03:47 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

The Flame

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,
This was my target last Saturday,been working on it off and on since.It has proved tough to process :C In the green subs there is a HUGE halo around Alnitak making the color very hard to manage.Not sure if the green was not in focus or what?This is the best I have come up with so far and decided to take a rest from it for awhile.

Does the color look ok?
This is full frame reduced 50%
LRGB,15x600 luminance 6x480 each RGB binned1x1
Darks and stacking in Images Plus,all other processing in Photoshop

Tec 140 at F5.6
ST-2000xm
CFW-8 with Astrodons
G11 on a pier grin

Thanks for looking and comments,tips appreciated.

Jason

January 9, 2007 06:57 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M38&NGC 1907

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
I finally got some clear skies and some time in between snow storms grin
Here is M38 from last night using my Tec 140 with an AP 0.67 reducer making it F 4.7. Focusing was difficult as seeing was not great and at F4.7 was tricky!
I had a lot of gradient in the subs and used Gradient Xterminator to remove it.What a great easy to use plug in!
150x5 each of RGB

Tec 140 at f4.7
ST2000xm with CFW-8
Astrodons
G-11 on a pier grin

January 10, 2007 04:25 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M13

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,

I still had a little darkness left after shooting my main target on Monday so I pointed my scope at M13 which had risen high enough for me to shoot.It was getting pretty light out by the time I finished up with the blue subs.
RGB 150sx5 each,Images Plus for darks and CS2 for the rest of the processing.Gradient removed with Gradient Xterminator,I may have been a little heavy handed with it.

Tec 140 at F7
ST-2000xm,CFW-8 with Astrodons

Tips and critiques welcomed,

Jason

January 11, 2007 10:31 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M81&82

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
Here is another from my last outing.
It is a LRGB
L-105 minutes
RGB 49 minutes each binned 1x1
The color data seemed a bit weak,Wish I would have gone longer or binned :S
I am still trying to get the hang of processing,this is the best I have come up with so far grin
Images Plus for darks,alignment and stacking.CS2 for everything else.
Between the moon and the ambient lighting from my neighbors the subs had horrible gradient which I removed with Gradient Xterminator.

Thanks for looking and comments,tips always welcomed!

Tec 140 at F4.7
ST2000xm-CFW8
Astrodons
G-11 on a pier grin