Posts Made By: Jason Boyce

June 15, 2007 07:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pelican in ha!

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
I made it out last night determined to shoot something in ha,I chose the Pelican nebula grin

Seeing was very good and the skies started off fairly clear with just a few thin high clouds in the area so I set up to take 2 hours of ha and 30 minutes each of RGB.
Looks like clouds rolled in sometime during the last ha sub as I had to toss it and all the RGB :C

So,this is 110 minutes of ha with an Astrodon 6nm filter in 10 minute subs.
Taken with a ST-2000xm on a Stellarvue SV80L at F5.
Mounted piggyback on my Vixen VC200L on a G-11.

My first ha grin

Thanks for looking and any processing tips appreciated!

Jason

June 28, 2007 04:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pelican in color

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,
I have shot color for this one twice,most ruined by clouds the first go around,the second I lost most of the Green to some bizarre gradient in the subs.I think the car lots down the street turned on their searchlights or something.

Anyway,I ended up with about an hour each of Red and Blue,ten minutes of Green.I blended this with the previous 110 minutes of Ha I had taken.

My first Ha-rgb.
Lot's of problems trying to process this as I kept ending up with Pink,A Pink Pelican!
Here is the best I have ended up with yet,still a little Pink.

St-2000xm
Stellarvue SV80L at F5

Thanks for looking and any tips on combining the Ha and RGB welcomed!

Jason

July 25, 2007 12:50 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC281

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hello all,
I was suprised by a clear night over the weekend,I have not seen many for the last month.
It was 2:30 am by the time I was ready to actually take images so this is just 8,10 minute subs of Luminance only of the Pacman nebula.

This was second light for me with my STL 11000m.My first did not go well and I ended up up with three hours worth of useless subs of M17.

Taken with the STL at prime focus of my Vixen VC200L on a G-11 mount.
This is the full frame reduced to 35%

I really like this combo,hope my weather improves so I can use it more!

Thanks for looking,your comments are always welcomed.

Jason

July 30, 2007 03:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M17-Swan

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,

Here is the first light attempt from my VC200 and STL11000 combo.Lots of problems this night and I had not planned on processing this data.Yesterday I had a little time on my hands so figured what the heck.

I had improper spacing with the reducer and there was a ton of curvature so I cropped most of it out.
I had to toss most of the Green and Blue subs because of clouds rolling through.
Since I was not planning on processing this I did not take flats for this data and ended up using flats I took for the pacman nebula I shot at prime focus 8O
I'm not sure if they did more good than harm!

This is 6x300Red 3x300Green and 2x300Blue

Thanks for looking,

Jason

August 12, 2007 07:10 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M22

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,
This is just a grayscale image of M22 I shot a few nights back.
I was originaly intending to shoot some color for the Luminance of the Pacman nebula I got awhile back.With clouds rolling in I decided to try and get a quick shot of M22 before it clouded over,I didn't make it sad
My Green and Blue were ruined by the clouds,I am cursed!

This is Luminance and the Red combined,75 minutes total.
Maybe I can get the Green and Blue soon.

Vixen VC200L and STL 11000

Cropped a bit and reduced to 40%

Thanks for having a look,

Jason

September 5, 2007 03:46 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Quick cluster-M103

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi all,
Here is a quick image I grabbed through holes in the cloudcover.
15 minutes each of LRGB.
I processed this on a new computer and moniter that I am trying to get set up so any feedback on how it displays is much appreciated smile Looks pretty good on my LCD but let me know if it looks right to you.

Taken with a Vixen VC200L at F9 and a STL11000m.

Thanks for having a look,

Jason

September 9, 2007 12:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

The Moon

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,
I don't shoot much solar system stuff but last time I was imaging I found myself waiting for some clouds to pass,I figured what the heck and pointed my scope at the moon.
Here is what I ended up with,it is a single frame.Taken through some thin clouds with a VC200L and STL11000m,through a Red filter.Reduced to 35% of full size,warning,it's still pretty large!

Had a bit of a problem not blasting out the highlights.

Thanks for taking a peek,
Jason

November 17, 2007 04:49 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M52

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi everyone,

I have not imaged much in the last month or so,decided to build an observatory and it sure ended up taking longer than I had hoped.It sure was worth all the work though grin It is sooo nice not to set up and tear down all the time!I am excited to be imaging again 8)

Here is one of the first images,M52 I see this most the time in widefield but thought it was worth a closer look and I had some time to kill.

Taken with my Vixen VC200l at F6.4 and a ST10xme
LRG 5x180s B 5x300

Seeing was poor this night as usuallsad

I am still learning to deal with blooms as this NABG camera is new to me so there are a few artifacts.

Thanks for looking and you comments and tips are always welcome,

Jason

November 17, 2007 04:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M1 in Ha

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hi,

I shot this after M52,I had thought about trying to collect color too but decided it could wait for another night so I shot Ha all night long.

25x600s with a ST10xme,Vixen VC200l at F6.4 and an Astrodon 6nm Ha filter.
I shot 32 subs but had to throw some out,looked like I had some high clouds roll through.
This is at 50% of full size.

Hope to add some color soon but it looks like my weather may turn for the worse.

Thanks for taking a look and if you have any thoughts on how I could improve it I'm all ears.

Jason

November 24, 2007 05:30 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another cluster-M36

Posted By Jason Boyce

Hello,

I shot the subs for this image back on Nov.5th under poor conditions,very windy with poor seeing.Thought I would see what could be done with them and need processing practice anyway.

Initially took 15x180s each of LRGB and picked the best 50% or so of these for this image.
My focuser had some sag in it here,left an adjustment screw loose after making a few tweaks.

Working on getting correct color balance in my images,I think this is fairly good,what do you think?

VC200L at F6.4
ST10xme
1200gto

Thanks for looking,input on the color is most welcome,

Jason