My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Greg Shaffer

June 3, 2019 11:01 PM Forum: Politics

Would You Grant This Visa?

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Based on Rod's responses to me in this thread I get the feeling he has me confused with Trump....LOL

June 3, 2019 11:18 PM Forum: Politics

Trickle-Down Economics. Literally a Joke.

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Dave:

Here is a journal article to read, if you are actually interested in Reagan's actual policies versus the common and tedious attacks made against a caricature of conservative economic policies.  

http://www.webcitation.org/6AvD7JHEC

Jim

Thanks for that link....an interesting read for sure, it appears the left has been painting pictures with the brush of inaccuracy for longer than all of us have been alive, a LOT longer.

June 4, 2019 05:44 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

My add is listed as "Not Confirmed"??? How do I correct this?

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by David Fontaine
Hello,
I listed an item about a week or so ago.  It isn't posting because it requires confirmation apparently?  What do I need to do to resolve this?
Thanks
DAF

When you think you are done as Herb said you are not.....see pic below

June 4, 2019 09:15 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

LOL.....go ahead and SPIN SPIN SPIN.....

June 4, 2019 12:33 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

I comprehend it just fine Forrest Jr......and the administration as well as Trump didnt mislead anyone regarding the effects of this trade skirmish, that said the effects are comparatively minor so much so, calling it a war is almost laughable.....tariffs cause prices to go up. If the goal is accomplished we and the world will be better for it. If it doesnt ultimately succeed then at least we tried which is more than any administration in a few decades can say.

June 4, 2019 11:56 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Ooops.....This would seem to contradict the "tariffs dont work" crowd.....But I am sure someone will have some SPIN on it lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/world/americas/mexico-migration-crackdown.html?fbclid=IwAR2rP2jsd67jWINrC0S9lxj1-Q-xDTSbz6wkuwTrafO5qdFWszY4mZp7AYA

June 5, 2019 02:20 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Lacey

So, now the NY TIMES is not fake news?

Color me skeptical since it seems impossible to believe that Mexico implemented any meaningful solution to curb migrant flow in less than a week. Color me even more skeptical the problem is solved. It's way more complicated than a simple crackdown will fix.

From the article:

But their recent enforcement efforts aside, Mexican officials admit that their southern border is highly porous, with thousands of migrants slipping across every month through hundreds of known illegal crossings.

Along the Suchiate River, which marks part of the border between Mexico and Guatemala, scores of rafts cross within view of an official border bridge. Made of wooden planks lashed to tire inner tubes, they float back and forth throughout the day, openly carrying undocumented migrants, local residents and black-market goods.

According to the raftsmen, the recent crackdown by the Mexican authorities has not affected their illegal traffic. Marvin Garcia, a veteran raftsman, said that at just the crossing he works, more than 150 undocumented migrants had crossed during a recent two-day period.

As for the Mexican border patrol and other security forces, “they spin through from time to time, nothing more,” he said, adding, “They don’t do anything.”

According to you the NYT is not fake news.....particularly when it is, are you now intimating it is?

I saw no one claim it is the cure all, certainly not the article either......Bottom line is it would appear it generated a  positive response by Mexico or there would have been no reason for the article.....

But your spin was expected smile

June 5, 2019 12:23 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Yeah, the tariffs aimed at Mexico are such a great idea that Republican senators are rallying against it:
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/04/trump-mexico-tariffs-senate-1353180
Oh, I also got a kick out of Mexico's latest response to the tariffs. If we hit them, they hit us by specifically directing their tariffs at pro-Trump states!  If Greg's state gets hammered, I'll be laughing my ass off...

You must be referring to the RINO's and opportunists that infest the republican party.....

The latest??? They said that some months ago......They responded to Trump's threat of tariffs by intensifying their deportations back south over the last week.

June 6, 2019 12:40 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Another one bites the dust smile

June 6, 2019 11:50 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Lacey

My spin is from the article you cited as evidence that the tariffs were working. Jeez, just admit you didn't RTFA and move on.

SNORT!!.....spin spin spin smile